Moto X Pure XT1575 Battery Replacement Advice

Anyone have a best supplier for the OEM FX30 replacement?
Like other users, my XT1575 battery has rapid / abnormal discharge & shutoff problems. I’ve tried the full discharge / recharge cycling, and the full factory reset. This weekend I tried replacing the battery with a Euhan 2300mAh FX30 that was suppose to match. I could not get that battery’s connector to seat properly and charge. I put the original back in, and the connector seated easily.
I’m ready to try another FX30 source. Thanks for suggestions.

Hi @pooratlas,

I’m sorry to see no one has any recommendations for you! I’ve seen several members here discussing the replacement of batteries for the X1 and X2, but I think yours may be the first conversation I’ve seen about replacing the battery in the X Pure.

Perhaps you might try casting a wider note by asking on a more general Android forum, since there are X Pure’s being used by people who don’t have Republic Wireless as their service provider. :scream_cat:

I hope you’ll let us know what you learn and how the replacement turns out!

2 Likes

Considering the recent pricing promos on the X4… you may want to consider that route than spend more time and money on an uncertain battery replacement on the MXP. I did that switch beginning of the year and have been very happy with the X4 as a worthy replacement.

1 Like

Motorola has a partnership with iFixit. I would imagine iFixit would be a reliable source for the OEM battery:

https://www.ifixit.com/Store/Android/Moto-X-Pure-Edition-Replacement-Battery/IF391-002?o=2

I don’t have any experience with this. I just send my phones back to Motorola repair when they are broken and I need a replacement.

3 Likes

I purchased the ifixit.com battery and installation kit for the Moto x pure. The battery replacement instructions are on their website. This was my first time inside a smartphone. Everything went well. It took a little over an hour. The tool kit is complete and a very good quality. My phone is working just like new now. I’m very happy with iFixit.

4 Likes

Hi @charlese.7a2gmv,

Congratulations on a successful battery swap! I love these D-I-Y success stories! Does your Moto X Pure with its new lease on life need a new case to keep it safe? The Community Treasure Chest just happens to have the Incipio Dual Pro for the Moto X Pure available in black or blue. I’d be glad to send you either to thank you for sharing your experience replacing your battery.

1 Like

I would love a black one. The one I have is giving up.
RW is the best. Excellent service, superior support and great pricing. Thank you.

I took mine to a shop they charged me 60 dollars to install a new battery in my pure but the damaged the battery to board power ribbon.The replaced it no charge it lasts much longer on a charge.It however still has the annoying issue of notification sounds working when they want to.

[SOLVED]
Sunday, I installed the FX30 battery from IFIXIT. All is well with my MotoX XT1575.
The IFIXIT replacement battery is curved like to original, and the connector fit right.
NOTE: The 3T torx bit is in the alcohol wipe ziplock, and not in the tray of tools & bits.
Thanks, everyone.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Message an
Expert customer