Moto x4 Accsessories?

Just checking to see what the status is if Republic offering cases and screen protectors for the Moto x4. I’m sure there are none for now simply because its such a new device.

With other purchases from Republic, I have ALWAYS been impressed with the quality of the accessories offered.

For my new Moto x4, I had to go ahead and purchase my accessories from Amazon since the Republic store doesn’t have them yet.

The case I got is pretty nice, but the tempered glass screen protector is only so-so (especially as compared to the one I bought from Republic for my wife’s new Moto G5.)

Any updates would be greatly appreciated. I’d love to buy a screen protector from Republic that is comparable to the quality of the one I just bought for my wife (as well as those I’ve purchased from Republic in the past)!!!

Please and thank you!

The Gadget Guard screen protector that Republic sold for your G5 isn’t made for the X4. http://www.gadgetguard.com/shop-by-brand/motorola.html

Republic has never had a lock on any accessories, so anything that Republic would sell, you should be able to find elsewhere.

Thanks. I know this is a relatively new device, so I was hoping someone with Republic might have the inside scoop of Gadget Guard had one in the hopper…OR if they might be offering something tested to have been of similar quality. Short of that…if anyone reading this has found ones they like…I’d love to know! Thanks again!

I know you’re looking for tempered glass…

I’ve had really good experience with these non-glass: https://www.amazon.com/Protector-Coverage-Anti-Glare-Generation-Bubble-Free/dp/B01MYGMGCN/

I haven’t tried this one personally on an X4, but have used Skinomi on on other devices: https://www.amazon.com/Protector-Generation-Skinomi-Hardness-Ballistic/dp/B06VWGLZL9/

Thanks! I’ll take a look!

Hi @danknapp76

While I don’t have an X4, I have used the Sparin brand for awhile now on all my devices. I am always impressed at the quality vs. price aspect. I have had a Moto X2 and recently a G5+ suffer severe trauma to the tempered glass protector without any damage at all to the actual touchscreen.

Highly recommend.
https://www.amazon.com/Moto-X4-Protector-SPARIN-Generation/product-reviews/B074V4N2NS/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_paging_btm_2?ie=UTF8&reviewerType=all_reviews&pageNumber=2

Note: Don’t let the bad reviews fool you. Most are complaining it is too small. Moto phones have a slightly curved screen so glass protectors won’t adhere to the edges…(been there, done that).

Thanks. I think I’m going to try the Skinomi one. What I don’t love about a
number of the ones I’ve found is that they don’t cover the entire front of
the device, but those appear to.

No problem. The first tempered glass protector I ever tried was for the X2.

It covered the entire screen but the edges would never adhere properly. It was okay at first, but after awhile dirt and grime accumulated under the edges and it became somewhat unsightly (gross).

Please come back and let us know how the Skinomi does, we love reviews.
:slightly_smiling_face:

But of course!!!

Advice suggested here by myself (Bocephous), should NOT be done if you are NOT willing to take personal responsibility for possible damage to your phone. Please then, Do NOT attempt this fix for tempered glass screen protectors.

I have an X4 and put a SuperShieldz tempered glass screen protector on. As usual the edges all the way around weren’t adhering. I have fixed my screen protector but you need to be extremely careful.

Get a hair dryer with cool and heat settings.
Apply the screen protector in the intended position.
Peel the plastic covering off the screen protector… If the plastic gets warmed it will shrink & curve the screen protector the wrong way as in my case… (OOPs! My learning curve, thats why I buy 2 packs or 3in1 packs)…
Using light heat or actually warmth, warm the applied screen protector on the phone. While still warm push the edge’s down to adhere to the glass edges. Note: Light re-warming may be needed a few times to accomplish your task. There is a fine line between warmth & too much heat.

While the glass is still warm and the protector is bending to the phone curvature. Switch the hair dryer to gently cool the screen. Do Not wipe with Ice or a cool towel or damage to the protector &/or digitizer outer glass. If too warm, don’t be afraid to walk away for a while as it cools on it’s own.

If done correctly the protector will assume the curvature and be stuck well to the phone!

FYI, for now I’ve cancelled the Skinomi order. Interestingly enough the
better brands all seem to have a delay on their release date and keep
pushing it back further and further. Wondering if they share a
manufacturer and there is a quality control issue?

In any event, the one I have now is good enough for the time being. I’ll
probably check in periodically and will update anyone interested should I
try another one at some point. Thanks for all the input folks!

Thanks! I’ll keep this in mind. I think I’d only go this route as a
possible last resort should I decide I can’t live with things as is and/or
I’m unwilling to keep trying new products after a certain point. My
biggest concern with your solution would be possible damage should I ever
have need to REMOVE the protector…but I do think it is awesome that you
even thought to do that!

The protector will just peel off with slight effort & a fingernail. The heat does not have any extra glue affect it just helps curve the thin glass protector…

Fast update. Decided to try one more and, so far I’m VERY happy: [2 PACK]
Motorola Moto X4 Screen Protector, LK [Full Cover] Tempered Glass with
Lifetime Replacement Warranty

This LK protector is a bit different in that it covers the ENTIRE front of
the phone including a black bezel to match that of the phone. (This may not
look as hot if you have the blue model phone).

It has perfectly cut openings for all sensors and even fits quite well WITH
my case.

The ONLY drawback is that there can be slight “rainbow effect” towards the
center of the screen that might bother some BUT it only appears in
extremely bright light while the phone is viewed from an angle. It is also
barely visible when the phone is actually in use (slightly visible when
phone is off or in sleep mode).

So far, do good!

FYI, for now I’ve cancelled the Skinomi order. Interestingly enough the
better brands all seem to have a delay on their release date and keep
pushing it back further and further. Wondering if they share a
manufacturer and there is a quality control issue?

In any event, the one I have now is good enough for the time being. I’ll
probably check in periodically and will update anyone interested should I
try another one at some point. Thanks for all the input folks!

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.