Moto X4 Amazon Edition

device

Is the Amazon edition w/ lockscreen ads the same model number (XT1900-1) as the regular US Moto X4 that Republic allows in the BYOP program?

So I can get it on Amazon as a prime member for $299.99 and bring it here?

0 Likes

Yes Republic supports the Amazon Prime (with ads) version of the Moto X4

3 Likes

From Rw’s spec. page for that phone. (Moto X⁴ | Republic Wireless)

MODEL NUMBER
XT1900-1

Note: You will need a SIM Card and you will be/start on a GSM network. Is My Republic Wireless SIM Card CDMA or GSM? – Republic Help

3 Likes

Hi @phillipn.o37ifm
I thought it was worth the $50 to ditch the ads. All they do is get in the way of using the phone I paid for. I know budgets are tight but don’t get me wrong, I am just informing you of what some others have said too. Hope you like your X4 as much as I like mine. It’s the best phone I have ever owned.

1 Like

I love Amazon, and a while back on Prime Day, I just couldn’t pass up their deal on a Moto G5+. The ads didn’t bother me at all. I could just tap the fingerprint reader quickly twice to not see the ad. But eventually, I wanted to see them, so now I stop and look first!

What DID eventually bother me was having a locked bootloader that you couldn’t unlock even if you paid Amazon after you bought it. But I’m a tiny percentage of users that that would affect.

Hope you have fun with the phone if you get it. I love the idea that Alexa is built in!

3 Likes

closed #6

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

0 Likes

Message an
Expert customer