Moto X4 - CDMA SIM card activation issue

activation

Moto X4 -Oreo
$15+5 plan
Ticket #1322236
Since I don’t get any cell coverage with the stock GSM card, Republic sent a CDMA card, which I got and installed this morning. Looked like it was working, but after I turned it on and rebooted it keeps saying:
I get what appears to be a full strength signal, LTE and all, but this, all day long:

SprintDM
Configuring your cellular network
While configuring, you cellular service may be temporarily unavailable. It should only take a few minutes. Retry 1 of 5.

Needless to say I can’t make an calls, getting the “Cell configuration required” message.

Updated my ticket with this info before I went to work, but haven’t heard anything back.

Any ideas?

https://www.google.com/search?q=SprintDM+Configuring+your+cellular+network+While+configuring%2C+you+cellular+service+may+be+temporarily+unavailable.+It+should+only+take+a+few+minutes.+Retry+1+of+5.&oq=SprintDM+Configuring+your+cellular+network+While+configuring%2C+you+cellular+service+may+be+temporarily+unavailable.+It+should+only+take+a+few+minutes.+Retry+1+of+5.&aqs=chrome..69i57&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Hi @rosedoodle,

This is the “fix” per Republic’s Support Notes: How to Reset Cellular Settings on Motorola, Nexus, and Google Phones with CDMA SIM Card – Republic Help. You may need to wait for all 5 tries to time out. If this doesn’t help, I suggest reporting that on your open ticket and waiting for further guidance.

This was it! Thanks so much @rolandh. I searched this forum and elsewhere, trying a few of the options, but ran out of time. This one had the magic numbers.

Whew!

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.