Moto X4 has no cell data

What phone do you have? Moto X4

What plan are you on? My choice talk+text w/1gb data

Does your plan include data, or just talk & text?
Includes data

Issue Description

I have two phones on my plan, both moto x4, one for myself and one for my Mom. Her phone has no cellular data and will not send texts over cell. It has signal, and will make cell calls. I’ve compared settings, and tried resetting the network options, and powering the phone off and on.
It works as it should on WiFi.
My phone works fine in the same areas, so I know it’s not a general service issue.

Hello and welcome to the Community @jamesb.4pji7y!

Please try an Activation Refresh of your moms phone.
Here are the instructions:

Let us know it it helps! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks for the reply, but that didn’t change anything. :unamused:

Hi @jamesb.4pji7y,

Access to cellular data even for a phone on a talk & text only plan is required when away from WiFi. This may be a coverage issue. I understand you and your mom have the same phone but please bear with us.

If comfortable sharing, might we trouble you for a zip code (nothing more)? May we also know which SIM types your phone and your mom’'s phone are provisioned with? Here’s how to tell:

Sure! Thanks for your help so far.
Zip is 28787, and both phones are CDMA.

Hi @jamesb.4pji7y,

It doesn’t look like coverage should be an issue. You mentioned comparing settings on your phone with your mom’s phone. When doing so, did you verify both cellular or mobile data and roaming data are on for her phone?

If those look good, are there any letters near the cell strength indicator? And, please forgive the obvious question but you’ve verified her phone is not in Airplane mode?

I did check the mobile and roaming, they are both on.
There are no letters next to the cell strength indicator on her phone.
And yes, I did verify it wasn’t in airplane mode. Lol.

She told me just now this has been going on for a few weeks, but she just told me about it. If that helps at all.

Nothing at all, not even LTE? She would need to temporarily turn off WiFi to see that?

I hate to leave you with nothing but questions answering your questions. You might try updating the Data Profile:

2 Likes

Correct, there was nothing.

But resetting the data profile did it! Thanks a bunch!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Message an
Expert customer