Moto x4 system size

When checking the Storage option in Settings, System section shows its using 16 gigs which seems extremely excessive.

Android 7.1.1

Hi @no.gwhfvi

That seems really high to me too. I have a Moto X Pure on 7.0 and Android is 7.94 GB.

Have you tried clearing the Android systems cache yet?

How to Clear the System Cache on Motorola and Nexus Phones – Republic Help

1 Like

Take a look in your settings to see what is taking up so much internal memory. In Settings, scroll down to Storage and have a look. That might give you some insight as to what is going on.

2 Likes

This is what been reported by others for this phone, my guess is Alexia is eating up some of that and Android is growing bigger with each release

1 Like

The same Android version varies a little bit from phone to phone…my X4 (non Amazon version)
has the system section listed at 13.1GB

Moto X Pure is at 10.82GB (Android 7.0)

Just to make sure we’re all looking at the same thing, my Moto X Pure shows the OS at 7.94 the same as @johnny5
I am looking at Settings/Storage where it shows the following

1 Like

Yes…same location…mine shows 10.82GB… I have the 64GB version…maybe that’s why generously sprinkled more of it into the OS :slight_smile:

1 Like

While we are reviewing storage…does your RAM memory show 2.5GB instead of 3GB?

under Settings -> Memory…mine says 2.5GB
even though
About Phone -> Hardware Information -> RAM size…lists it at 3GB

Concur … that’s what my MXP shows also … just no ‘truthiness’ anywhere :frowning:

1 Like

I have Moto X4 32gb and my system is 13.10GB
under Settings ->
> Memory…mine says 2.7GB
> AVG used 80%
> Free 537MB

even though
About Phone -> Hardware Information ->
> RAM size…lists it at 3GB
> ROM size…lists it as 32GB as it should

2 Likes
closed #11

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Message an
Expert customer