Moto Z Play Backorder with Promotion

I received an email to cancel and reorder the Moto Z Play in order to receive it by Christmas because the case is on backorder. I purchased the phone with the $100 off and 6 months free service. So if I do cancel and reorder does anyone know if I will still receive this promotion since it is no longer offered?

Maybe @southpaw@rw can give you a quick answer to this question, since time is of the essence.

Hi @curt ,

For those who received the E-mail, we will honor the original promotion. Please DM me or open a Support ticket if you need any help at all with the order.

Presumably, the OP received an email in this situation because it was an accessory, rather than the device, that was on backorder? If that’s true, it implies that there are some Moto Z Plays being shipped, correct?

I’m currently waiting on an order for a Moto Z Play (ordered on 12/10 with the promotion) that indicates the device is the backordered item causing the delay. I assume this is due to others ahead of me in the queue for Moto Z Plays. Any input or updates on expected duration of this backorder? At purchase 10 days ago it was listed as 1-2 weeks. I have not received any emails regarding the order in progress.

Thanks!

Hi @danield.8sqgy3,

I’m seeing you on the list for that E-mail. Can you please check your “Spam” folder and “promotions” tab? I’ll follow up with you by DM, too. Please check your Community Inbox at: https://community.republicwireless.com/inbox

Why doesn’t the Z Play page still show the availability of the offer of $100 off and free service as it wast suppose to be good through 12-20 and the phones don’t show out of stock? Did the supplies of up to 6 months of free service sell out?

Southpaw, I sent you a DM, but you deserve public accolades! I did indeed miss the email yesterday - and you went above and beyond to get me sorted out and get my order on track. Thank you very much for the help - this kind of customer service is unfortunately too rare, and is very encouraging as a first impression of RW. You. Are. Awesome!

the sale ended on 12/20 2:59 am EST about 14 hours before your post

Hi @danield.8sqgy3 ,

Thank you for the kind words. Please let me know if there is anything else I can do for you.

I suppose then RW’s solution to clarifying start/stop times was to state until 12-20 and the fine print said ends 2:59 EST rather than continuing the sale until the end of the day EST.

Current RW offer on Samsung:

Offer valid through 12/30/16 or while supplies last

Through and until generally indicate until the end of the day

Through and until generally indicate until the end of the day …
I disagree. Definition of until is up to (the point in time or the event mentioned)… Thus “through 12/20” would indicate end of day while “until 12/20” would indicate beginning of day.

they did the 2:59 am so those on the west coast could still buy til their midnight of the 19th

start on midnight of the 1st day EST end on last day at midnight PST (or 2:59 an the next day EST)

The appropriate wording would have been “through midnight PST12/19”, thereby indicating the event runs through the date indicated, up until the time indicated on the date indicated, in the timezone indicated. That would leave no ambiguity in interpretation. Amateurs.

Hi @williamo.vkbg0s ,

The messaging around the promotion was intended to allow the promotion to be available through the entirety of 12/19, no matter where within our sales area you might be. That means the promotion runs until 11:59 pm on 12/19 in all “our” time zones, the western-most of those being Pacific Time. 11:59pm 12/19 Pacific Time is 2:59 12/20 Eastern Time. It was not meant to imply that the promotion would continue throughout the day on 12/20.

no argument from me they way the worded it is sounded like the sale started and ended at the 2.59 am EST which lead to much frustration in the Huawei Ascend deal that sold out in 30 min (150 mins before some thought it was going on sale)

Republic needs clear start and end points of the sale in it advertising

I too am in the same boat. I missed the 12/19 email. I have a help ticket open and found about the accessory holding the order. If I cancel my existing order and re-order I now have to pay the extra $100 (vs. not have to worry about getting reimbursed) and pay the Next day shipping fee. I am misunderstanding anything?

I too am in the same boat. I missed the 12/19 email. I have a help ticket open and found about the accessory holding the order. If I cancel my existing order and re-order I now have to pay the extra $100 (vs. not have to worry about getting reimbursed) and pay the Next day shipping fee. I am misunderstanding anything?

We can make this easier. I’ll respond in your ticket in a moment, @dgoins .

Thanks for your help southpaw! You definitely made this re-order a lot easier!! @southpaw@rw

southpaw@rw wrote:

It was not meant to imply that the promotion would continue throughout the day on 12/20.

From, my reply to Moto

Smartphones for every budget | Republic Wireless

Fine print:

Moto Z Play phone purchased between December 7, 2016 and December 20, 2016

southpaw@rw , it may not have been the intention but the promotion definitely said between December 7, 2016 and December 20, 2016 at the top of the phones page. I did not dream seeing that wording. You should have access to view that page as I was unable to searching for a cached version.

Does it really matter after the fact? Not really except that some folks at RW need to start being consistent in their advertising and fine print of their special offers. If we don’t take our time to point this out to you the confusion will continue.

I’ll DM you to see if I can get more info about where you saw it. The marketing side of the website is actually entirely separate from Community, but I can pass feedback along.