Moto Z Play good upgrade for Moto X 1st gen?

I have the Moto x 1st Gen, 1gb refundable plan and find the Moto z Play offer attractive but two questions

1. is the Moto z play an Upgrade to a Moto x 1st gen?

2. how is the new plan different then mine (after 6 months).

I do fell it would be a good upgrade (has the NFC, newer processor it not the flagship but it is based on it with a larger battery, compatible with the Moto Modes)
  1. how is the new plan different then mine (after 6 months).
    No Contract Cell Phone Plans without the hidden fees | Republic Wireless

there no Refund on the new plans and they are on a new backbone carrier (which is one of 2 carriers in the US that can use the unlock Moto Z Play) https://republicwireless.com/tools/coverage-check-gsm/

Yes. The Moto Z is Motorola’s top-of-the-line phone, the Play version is the base trim model (in car terminology).

1. how is the new plan different then mine (after 6 months).

For unlimited talk/text and up to 1 GB of cellular data, the plan will cost $20/month plus taxes and fees, but there will be no refunds for unused data (use it or lose it).

You should check to make sure you will have adequate cellular coverage (the new phone uses T-Mobile as the underlying cellular carrier while the phone you have now uses Sprint). The new coverage map is at Coverage Check | Republic Wireless .

More details of the 3.0 plans/phones can be found at Republic Wireless 3.0 FAQs .

The new carrier coverage and the set $23/mo (plan + taxes) are what’s making me hesitate still. No more refund plan, and for me, that means around $10/mo additional cost.

You do have the option of changing to the $15 plan once free service is up. That’s if that offer is valid on back ordered phones?

I just did a mock checkout and the cart still showed 6mo free service as a promotion.

Message an
Expert customer