Moto Z Play Operating System

device

In the comparison of currently offered phones here it shows that the available Moto Z Play will have the Android 7.0 Nougat operating system. But in the tech specs page for the phone it shows Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow.

Which is the true operating system if I buy this phone? One of the reasons I wanted it was because I thought it was more up to date than the Moto X Pure.

Hi @reneel.187!

If you buy the Moto Z Play from Republic, it will probably come with 6.0.1 . However, you will be getting an update to Nougatt. I cannot confirm whether it had been fully pushed yet, but according to this announcement: Moto Z Play System Update they did a soak test in March. I am sure one of the members that has a Z Play can tell you if it has been fully released yet.

mb2x

Hi @reneel.187!

As @mb2x mentioned, if you purchase the Moto Z Play from us, it will most likely come with Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow, but I have confirmed that the update to Android 7.0 Nougat was fully pushed out back in March. Therefore, you’ll be able to install the update as soon as the initial setup and activation is complete!

The update just simply didn’t get added to the tech specs, but I’ll make sure that gets done soon :slight_smile:

Thank you! @beng