Moto Z Play photo samples

Please share photos taken on your Moto Z Play as replies in this topic.

Remember the following guidelines:

1. No photos of people.
  2. Keep it “rated G”, please.
  3. Submit only your own, original photos.
  4. By submitting your photo, you understand that the photo is publicly visible and you permit Republic Wireless to use the photo to demonstrate phone camera quality.

Helpful information to include:

1. A description of the environment and/or how quickly the phone was able to take the photo
  2. Any special settings or special effects you used
  3. If you used a third-party camera app, tell us about it
  4. Any post-production edits you made to the photo

Landscape & Scenery - cloudy day, no flash
Took this sunrise that other morning on my Moto Z Play with no edits. Love the feature to twist to activate the camera as this view was only visible for a few minutes.

9 Likes

Landscape night no flash:
Sunset behind the soceer game then on my Moto Z Play with no edits or flash.

1 Like

Landscape bright sunlight:
The beginning of fall color taken on Loon Lake in northern Minnesota off the Gunflint Trail near the BWCA. My Moto Z Play has an awesome camera.

8 Likes

FB_IMG_1534425797270
Action or Animal bright sunlight
Having my Moto Z Play ready to shoot in seconds with the simple wrist twist is critical to catching wildlife in northern Minnesota. This bull moose appeared on our road & left quickly as he crossed the road in front of our truck. I quickly turned the camera on while leaning out of the window to get this shot. It’s cropped but otherwise not edited. Can’t live without my phone camera!

8 Likes

Object bright sunlight:
My favorite African Tulip blooms by my apartment in Kona, Hi. Taken with my Moto Z Play, has awesome focus. Cropped only.

1 Like

Miscellaneous
Moto Z Play
My grandkids love the water but their dog not so much. Thinking about going too? My Moto is always available for a photo at any moment. Love the convenient twist turn on & it’s ready to shoot!

Object- indoors low light flash
Moto ZPlay
Indoor photos with a bright window is very difficult to get the lighting right. My Moto does a decent job of getting both indoors with a outdoors view.
IMG_20190516_122129354_HDR

2 Likes

Landscape and scenery - bright sunny day
Taken with a Motorola Z Play in Yosemite National Park
Post processing in Snapseed App, using HDR Scape filter, and straightening and cropping tool.

Was a perfectly beautiful day with minimal crowds, which made for a memorable first visit to Yosemite.

4 Likes

That was MN? That is awesome!

2 Likes

Landscapes and scenery - night photography, no flash

Moto Z play v1
Taken at late dusk w/ no flash f/2 ISO200 at Long Beach in Wainfleet Ontario Canada on August 23, 2019 over looking the northern shore of Lake Erie.

3 Likes

Landscapes and scenery - cloudy day, no flash
Moto Z Play ver 1
ƒ/2
ISO500

Taken at Long Beach in Wainfleet, Ontario, Canada looking south over Lake Erie. The leading edge of a Thunder Storm headed toward Buffalo, NY. This is what a Lake Effect Storm looks like as it sucks up moisture from the lake.

3 Likes

Night photography - landscapes and scenery
Moto Z Play
Desaturated to Black and white

1 Like

Animals - bright sunshine
Moto Z Play
Bee on a squash blossom

2 Likes

Landscape - cloudy day
Moto Z Play
Fair Weather? A day at the fair