Moto Z Specs Page meantions headset jack

Currently under the “Full Specs” tab it lists under the “Audio” section “Connectivity: 3.5 mm headset jack.” However I read the Moto Z does NOT have a headset jack, instead using the USB C like the new iPhone. Is this just a typo?

Thanks!

From Moto Z - Wikipedia

The Moto Z utilizes a USB Type-C connector, and does not include a 3.5 mm headphone jack; headphones must be used with a USB port adapter or over Bluetooth.[5]

@beng

The Moto Z play has a 3.5 mm jack while the Moto Z uses the USB C connection.

Moto Z Play — GSM Unlocked — Modular Android Smartphone | Motorola

Moto Z - GSM Unlocked - Modular Android Smartphone | Motorola

Looks like that should be edited on that page for clarity

Yep! @southpaw@rw can you pass this on to the person in charge of the specifications web page of the Moto Z. There is no 3.5mm audio jack on the Moto Z.

Hi @emcguire1,

Agreed the store’s website needs to be “clarified”. I’ve requested that be investigated. For what it’s worth, unless I’ve missed something, documentation here is correct: Moto Z Tech Specs.

Because the phone comes with the required adapter, I believe the 3.5 jack reference is correctly used under “Connectivity”

That page is correct, however this page is not.

Audio Connectivity: 3.5 mm headset jack
Speaker: Front-ported loud speaker
Microphones: 4 mics
Playback: AMR-NB, AMR-WB, AAC, AAC+, eAAC+, MP3, FLAC, PCM/WAVE, OGG/Vorbis

Moto Z | Republic Wireless

Hi @marshallh,

I understand that, which is why I played on @emcguire1’s words and stated that I had requested “clarification” of that specific page. I pointed to the docs for those wanting to confirm accurate information. I’m confident the matter will be addressed in the due course of time.

What I want to know is why they need two separate web pages that say basically the same thing? It seems like a pain in the fanny to keep track of multiple web pages.

one is a marketing document (link to to selling page) the other is a technical support document hosted on this forum (JIVE)

The sales and marketing pages are separate from documentation and managed by different groups. At the end of the day, it’s all the same team. The information will get synchronized.

So Republic has paid twice for the same service. Let’s hope the rest of business is run better.

Message an
Expert customer