Moto Z3 Play now available in our online store!

phones

6/29/2018 Update: The Moto Z3 Play is now available in our online store.

The Moto Z3 Play is coming soon to Republic Wireless and our online store for $499.

z3play

Key Features
:heavy_check_mark: moto z³ Play Power Edition
:heavy_check_mark: 6” Full HD Super AMOLED display
:heavy_check_mark: Dual depth-sensing smart cameras
:heavy_check_mark: All-day battery¹ with TurboPower™ charging²
:heavy_check_mark: Slim, sophisticated design
:heavy_check_mark: Color: Deep Indigo

Full Tech Specs are available in our online store

Initially the Moto Z3 Play may not be available in certain coverage areas. Additional coverage will be added soon.

1All battery life claims are approximate and based on an average user profile that includes both usage and standby. Actual battery performance will vary and depends on signal strength, network configuration, features selected, and voice, data, operating temperature and other application usage patterns.
2Battery must be substantially depleted; charging rate slows as charging progresses.

when is this available

Hey There,

Historically, “coming soon” means Republic is not yet ready to say more. When that changes, they’ll scream it from the rooftops. Until then, we’ll all need to be as patient as possible. :slightly_smiling_face:

Then shouldn’t @southpaw have said coming soon™ then we would all know :heart_eyes:

This will come sooner than Soon TM.

Shouldn’t that be soon³ ?

will the amazon prime exclusive version work with rw?

Moto G6 Play now available in our online store!

A post was merged into an existing topic: Moto G6 Play coming soon in our online store!

Historically all Amazon Prime versions of supported phones have worked with Republic. I see no reason it would be different in this case.

Hi @13iron,

At this time we’re not able to confirm whether the Amazon Prime edition of the Z3 Play will be supported, but I will make sure you have an answer once I have an answer.

I asked on Amazon whether or not it is the XT1929-4 variant, but no answer yet. I’ll update once I do.

This issue is that Amazon modifies the OS build and Republic has to verify that the changes they make don’t interfere with the operating of the Republic App. Up until now the changes Amazon has made haven’t caused any issues but until Republic is able to perform that testing they won’t be able to confirm compatibility, even if the model number matches.

I am aware of that. I’ve been a member of republic since the beta days and know all the caveats. I was fairly active on the forums way back when.

If the Amazon version has a different model number we’ll know right off the bat that it won’t work with republic. Pretty simple, right?

Sure, historically, 100% have had the same model number.

Historically they’ve worked, but since it’s not announced, it’s not guaranteed.

Precisely

No answer on the Amazon front yet. At this point I don’t believe that I’ll be getting an answer at all.

:grinning: I think we tend to get spoiled in RW’s community forum, compared to other forums.

Prior to an announcement regarding support for the Z3 as a bring your own phone, I don’t expect that you would. I do think history is on your side. With the exception of the Huawei Ascend 5W (which wasn’t sold anywhere else), Republic has not sold a phone in its store not also supported for bring your own. And, to the best of my knowledge, the Amazon variant of any phone supported for bring your own has also been supported. That said, time will tell.

Love, love, love the news! I was going to get a Moto Z2 back in the day, but held off because my Moto X (1st gen) was doing well…plus, it held 64GB where as the Z2 and other Moto X iterations only had 32GB. I’m hoping that the Z3 offers 64GB, but I should come with an micro-SD expansion slot that is good for up to 2TB, so I only have 2 questions left:

1. When does it officially go on sale?
  2. How much will it cost?