Moto Z4 now supported for BYOP

The Moto Z4 is now supported for BYOP. :tada:

This means that although we do not offer this phone in our online store, it can be brought to our service with the purchase of a Republic Wireless BYOP SIM card.

*Please note that our BYOP SIM card offers coverage with only our GSM carrier-partners. If you’re not sure about coverage in your area, please ask in our Community and we’ll be glad to help. At this time Republic Wireless supports the Moto Z4 with only our BYOP SIM card.

We support only the North American Factory Unlocked version of any BYOP phone. Please make certain any phone you are considering for BYOP is supported by installing the Republic Wireless app to check for compatibility, or consulting our Community guidance at How to Find a Compatible Unlocked Phone .

6 Likes

When you say only one which one do you mean? Or do you mean not dual? Would a phone from Moto that says it is cleared for RW work?

Republic provisions phones with one of two network partners. One partner operates a GSM network and is T-Mobile. The other partner operates a CDMA network and is Sprint. Republic’s BYOP SIN is GSM (T-Mobile). Though the Z4 is also compatible with CDMA networks, Republic is only able to provision the Z4 for GSM coverage at this time.

Dual usually refers to dual SIM (phones with slots for two separate SIMs). Generally, dual SIM phones are international variants. In any event, Republic currently supports no dual SIM phones.

Yes, so long as GSM coverage works for you. You can check the map here: Cell Phone Coverage Map – Republic Wireless.

1 Like

Thanks rolandh. I apparently missed the reference to GSM which I was looking for. That is what I run on. My only other question would be if I can use the sim from my Republic Z Play instead of ordering a new one.

Your GSM SIM can be moved to the Moto Z4. After Google’s set up, you will need to download and open the Republic app to complete an abbreviated activation.

3 Likes

I don’t believe we missed it on out first reading and it was added when OP was edited.

:flight_departure:

1 Like

Hi @cb1,

Thanks for your questions. I updated the post to make it more clear.

This sounds like a good addition to the lineup.

Message an
Expert customer