MotoG won't connect to wifi; keeps saying "Authentication Problem"

MotoG won’t connect to our home wifi; keeps saying “Authenticaiton Problem”

Hi @leey.znrlea

The majority of the time an Authentication error when logging into wifi is a incorrect password. It is very easy to make a typo on these small keyboards.

Select the ‘show password’ box and confirm that all characters are entered correctly.

Thank you! You were absolutely correct. You such a cool person to answer so quickly and help us. Blessings to you!

1 Like

You are most welcome @leey.znrlea

Hi, I’m having authentication problem with MotoG and my password to connect is correct and I’ve cleared cached data.

@lisah.hnk9su

Click on forget the WiFi connection and then try again with the password.

*** ~~ßocephous™***

Followed instructions and still get authentication problem. Is there a way to delete a wifi account and then create a new account to connect the phone to the wifi? It seems that I may have to set up the wifi account again in the phone. My computer connects just fine to home wifi.

Did you ever get an answer to this as I am having the same difficulty setting up my new phone.

Hi @fredricaw.naacwj

You may want to start a new thread of your own (don’t know if you noticed this one is a few months old).

Click on Settings/WiFi/[ your network] and Forget. Try re-establishing the network connection.

90% of the time Authentication problems are due to incorrect passwords, as typing on a small keyboard makes it easy to make a mistake, so type carefully.

Passwords are also case-sensitive.

Hope this helps, and feel free to open a thread of your own to troubleshoot further if needed.

I found instructions, which were complex. If you google it, lots of info
or instructions to choose from.

good luck

thank you Lisa Handy. I called my internet provider and he told me how to sign on. the Republic instructions are very misleading to a less tech savvy person like me. The password required to set up the wifi is the modem password not the internet security password. I have found the instructions to be less than satisfactory in setting up the phone and the other options.
I appreciate you getting back to me. Bless you!

So happy you have found resolution @fredricaw.naacwj!.

For future reference, (if needed), feel free to open a topic/thread of your own.

While the documentation may leave a little to be desired for those unfamiliar with the system, the community itself is like a living, breathing, interactive owners manual.

My reason would be that you found help in less than 24hrs. from an almost 4 month old post, from the poster!. I think that is awesome.

I think it only took that long, is because it is a legitimate user issue, but kind of got buried in an old thread instead of rising to the top for quick fixes/explanations.

:blush:

Glad to help, but you found what ya needed. We all stumble thru
technology. Enjoy the holiday! :fireworks:

1 Like
Message an
Expert customer