Motorola announces new phones

https://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2018/04/motorola-announces-the-2018-moto-g6-and-e5/

6 Likes

Thanks for sharing! Hopefully, we will see support for these soon on Republic!

1 Like

I don’t understand Lenovo’s trend on glass back phones. It adds weight and makes the phone far more fragile and subject to damage when dropped. Maybe it helps preserve a slim profile. But, at what cost? But, with glass on both sides, the phone is at great risk of dying an early death.

4 Likes

I was hoping for a small screen device but given the current trend there wasn’t much chance of that.

2 Likes

I don’t get it either. I’d rather have another gb of ram or a better camera. A case is going to cover up the fancy glass or ugly plastic anyway.

2 Likes

Keeping it interesting in the low-mid range devices. Choices and options are always a good thing.

:wink:

How big are these phones?

Plus it makes them slippery but it definitely looks nice on my X4. I use a clear case. It takes on the color whatever you put the phone on. It’s a really cool effect.

1 Like

In the link @davenc provides, it shows the screen sizes, or do you want the actual dimensions.?.

1 Like

_“The Moto Es will not be sold unlocked in the US, so pricing is up to carriers. See your local prepaid aisle for details.”

This would be disappointing if RW was not able to do BYOD with the E5s. I really liked the specs of the E5 Plus with he large battery and the tall narrow screen.

1 Like

I wish they would stop throwing those chunky bezels on every phone. It’s like they aren’t even trying to make it look sleek on the front. Every time I look at phones like these, I think of all the wasted space on the massive front bezels.

Glass? Ick, bring back really premium plastics that are going to take the kind of abuse phones in this price range get.

I really want to know how big they are compared to my Moto X4. The X4 is as big as I am willing to go so a larger screen size is concerning even if I am not planning on buying a new phone in the near future,

1 Like

The Moto X4 screen is 5.2" diagonally…meaning, corner to corner. My MXP is 5.7". It is a big screen. I have gotten used to 5.7, but I would never go larger.

Even though those seem like small amounts, diagonally on a hand held device, it makes a huge difference. 6" would be a two-handed phone for most people, in my opinion.

1 Like

Here’s Phone Scoop’s size compare of the new phones vs the Moto X4

https://www.phonescoop.com/phones/compare_size.php?pâ– â– â– â– 5750

image | image
image | image

5 Likes

I also would have liked something new with 4 gigs of RAM… Will stick with the 4 gigs in my G4 plus a bit longer…

1 Like
Message an
Expert customer