Motorola announces the next phones in the Moto G series

Motorola has announced the Moto G7, Moto G7 Power, and Moto G7 Play to be available in the United States, including at Republic Wireless, in the spring. https://blog.motorola.com/2019/02/07/what-matters-most-to-you-new-moto-g7/

Interesting features on these new phones include new camera tools (G7), faster performance (G7 Play), and a 5000 mAh battery for a charge that lasts for days (G7 Power).

Check out the phone features and tech specs and tell us what features look the most enticing to you!

6 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: Is it time to upgrade? To what?!

Wow! I The G7 power definitely has my interest. I wish more phone companies would put larger batteries in phones instead of trying to make them super thin. The disappointing part is that the power variant isn’t as powerful as the normal G7 variant. I wish they would make them identical spec-wise with just a battery upgrade on the one.

1 Like

Just got the g6 but I want the g7 now. G6 was fine a day ago. Now it seems like ■■■■. Purely psychological. lol. But still. May be I can gift the g6 to rw for their b stock and do an exchange that way for a new g7.

2 Likes

I used to be an early adopter. Always wanting the latest and greatest. I spent a bunch of money on products that proved to be ■■■■. This experience turned me into a value buyer. Now I wait until the latest greatest product comes out, and buy the previous model at a discount. This is not only a cost savings, I also gain knowledge on the quality of the product from the experiences of those who jumped in before I did.

4 Likes

Solid strategy. I maintain the same. But I jumped on the g6 (got it at a discount) because I wanted a phone slightly better than the e4. So I got one with a broken screen and in the process of fixing it right now.

2 Likes

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Nokia (and other) phones please!

So when will Republic offer the new line of Moto G7 phones and will Republic be selling the G6 series at prices below those now listed on the website?

Hi @davida.pxentf,

To date all anyone including Motorola has had to offer on G7 series availability is “this spring”. And, historically, Republic doesn’t pre-announce potential future sales. When Republic is ready to announce something further, you’ll see it in Community here: Announcements & News - Member Community

3 Likes

What about the Moto G7 Plus? I don’t see that listed.

The Plus is not listed because Motorola is not releasing that model in the US, so it won’t be supported here.

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: What does my Moto G6 freeze on Facebook?

Logged in to see about getting a new phone (my G4 is having touch-screen … issues) and now I think I’ll wait till the G7s are released. 64GB space? Yeah!!! Guess I can hold off for another month.

2 Likes

Will the Moto G7 power work on the republic wireless network?

Yes, as is noted in the original post. What is yet to be determined is when. All Motorola has to say on release, to date, is “this spring”.

1 Like

I guess the Moto 7 power I’m seeing is the international version. That phone probably won’t work?

You are correct, sir! International variants do not work with Republic. You’ll need to wait for release in the U.S.

G7 should be available for order in about a week per the Moto site. Below was copied from cart after placing a Pre-order.

Shopping cart

moto g⁷

• Storage: 64GB

Availability: In stock. Estimated Delivery: 03/04/19.

:flight_departure:

Wooohoo! :smiley:

I see that best buy is offering pre-orders with delivery on this friday. If I get the phone from them on Firday, will I be able to pop the republic sim from my Moto X Pure in to the G7 with no issues?

Message an
Expert customer