Motorola update available...all the time

What phone do you have? Motorola G6

What plan are you on? Talk, Text & Data

Does your plan include data, or just talk & text? My plan includes data.

Issue Description

My phone has been displaying the icon for the Motorola Security Update all the time. When I expand the notification menu, it states a new security update is available. Tap to learn more.

When I tap the item, nothing happens. The icon continues to be displayed on the top left of my phone.

I accessed the Settings menu, selected Security & Location.The Security update menu item has an orange exclamation point icon to its left. When I select this menu item, the screen states: Your system us up to date Android version: 8.0.0 Security patch level: September 1, 2018 Last successful check for update at 6:13 AM

Icon is sill displaying on upper left hand corner. Is it meant to perpetually be displayed here?

Hi @janem.8nvuyy,

I’m terribly sorry to see that no one in our Member Community had any suggestions for you. Were you able to get the updated to install? Will the notification swipe away?

Hi. I was not able to get the icon to go away. It is still on display. Thanks for the follow up.

Hi!
I found these instructions, hope they help! :crossed_fingers:

Note: you might be looking in the wrong place for the update. Instead of going to the security menu try the “system” menu then “system updates”.

INSTRUCTIONS

For a successful installation, we recommend installing this update when the battery in your phone is at least 50% charged and you are connected to a Wi-Fi network.

If you have received a notification message for this update:

Select "Download"
After the software is downloaded, select  “Install”
After the software is installed, your phone will restart automatically
Your phone is now updated

If you have not received a notification message for this update, follow the steps below to manually update your phone:

Select the Settings icon in the apps menu
Select "System"
Select "System updates"
Select "Download"
After the software is downloaded, select “Install”
After the software is installed, your phone will restart automatically
Your phone is now updated
3 Likes

Thank you. It worked!!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Message an
Expert customer