Motox 2nd gen. Sim card message

I powered down ,removed the tray and plugged it back in. Powered up, message came on again?

Open a ticket we have seen a rise in the number of older phones getting​ this error. Most experience no other issue, but we have a ticket open with the CDMA carrier.

@randyh.ig0jv8,

What plan were you on? 1.0(unlimited 3G only) or 2.0(refund plan on LTE)?

I ask because we got a replacement phone on the 2.0, and then cancelled the plan to have a backup. My daughter switched her 1.0 plan from her Moto X to this new Moto G, and it showed her 1.0 plan (should be 3G) as having LTE for months.

Eventually it gave us the SIM card error I couldn’t clear, so Republic had me do a factory reset. THe first Factory reset when it asked to reset the Sprint credentials I selected “No”. Still had LTE, and still had SIM card error.

The second Factory reset I performed I selected to wipe the Sprint settings, and low and behold it cleared up the SIM card error, but it also started showing 3G correctly.

I am wondering if you are in a similar situation of being on a 1.0 plan with somehow LTE, or if perhaps you are on a 2.0 plan that is only supporting 3G.

Something I had not tried that may be worth trying is resetting the Sprint settings. See: Make and Receive a Phone Call – Republic Help

2.0 refund plan

Thanks

Did you try the following from the troubleshooting steps in the link I sent above??

Republic 1.0 and 2.0 Phones:

The following info refers to the Moto E (1st and 2nd Gen.), Moto G (1st and 3rd Gen.), and Moto X (1st and 2nd Gen.) phones only.

Update the PRL (Preferred Roaming List)
To update the PRL.
    Tap  Apps.(The little symbol in the bottom center of your home screen looks like circle with 6 dots)
    Tap Settings.
    Tap System Update.
    Tap Update PRL.

Wipe Cellular Settings
    Tap the Phone icon.
    Tap the  Dialer icon.
    Dial ##72786##
    A SCRTN screen will display. Tap YES to continue (you won't lose any data).
    Your phone will restart and go through cellular activation, then restart again.
    Note: Once this step is complete, you must complete Step below or your phone will not work over Cell.

Update the Profile
Note: You'll need to be connected to WiFi in order to update the Profile.
    Tap  Apps. (The little symbol in the bottom center of your home screen looks like circle with 6 dots)
    Tap Settings.
    Tap System Update.
    Tap Update Profile.
    Once the process finishes, tap Complete.
    Your phone will restart.

OK did all that stuff. Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.