Moving- alternative to Republic?

I’m a long time, satisfied customer but moving to rural Maine soon, and my coverage with Republic when traveling there has been terrible (even though the coverage map shows the area covered in light green- what does that mean?). I’m looking for another carrier that is as similar to Republic as possible, but uses a different network (preferably AT&T or Verizon). I would really like to keep my cost down and have my phone rely on WiFi as much as possible.
Any ideas?

Hi @jsant and welcome to the Community!

Might we trouble you for some additional information? Would you be willing to share the zip code for the part of rural Maine you’ll be relocating to? Might we also know some information regarding the SIM in the phone you currently use with Republic. Here’s how to find out: How to Tell If a Phone Is Active on GSM or CDMA – Republic Help.

As you may know, Republic does offer more than one coverage option for many of its phones, though neither of Republic’s network partners is AT&T or Verizon.

Meanwhile, while some folks here do have experience with service providers other than Republic, you may find more comprehensive advice on alternatives at a forum dedicated to discussing that. Howard Forums is one example.

1 Like

Thanks so much @rolandh
The zip code is 04022 and my SIM card is GSM. I didn’t realize there were two types. I would be so thrilled if I could just switch the SIM card and be able to continue with Republic!!

Hi @jsant.

You’re most welcome! Coverage with Republic’s GSM network partner (T-Mobile) is indeed not good. Republic’s CDMA network partner (Sprint) offers better but not exactly fantastic coverage in and around the referenced zip code. There’s certainly nothing to lose, so if you wanted to give switching coverage a shot, here’s how to make the request:

Okay, @rolandh - thanks so much! I will definitely give it a try. Thanks so much for the help.

3 Likes
Message an
Expert customer