Moving from Moto X 1st (gen) to G5+ ... won't activate, motox was using a sprint sim

What phone do you have? Moto G5Plus
What plan are you on? 1 GB
Does your plan include data, or just talk & text? Data, talk, text.

Issue Description

To Start, I wanted to upgrade from my old Moto x 1st(gen), to the G5+. RW said it would work.

RW said the G5+ would work in my area, however when I activated the phone, it only allows WiFi phone calls, and cell wont work. Looking at the carriers is shows all t-Mobile.

The Moto x had a sprint sim in it so I’m thinking that may show whats up as this small town doesnt have T-Mobile service, just sprint and verison.

Do I need a different SIM? of is there some other way to make this work?

I really need the new phone to work, but this is the second phone I have tried to upgrade and I’m very frustrated. Please help

You’ll likely want a different SIM that provides Sprint service. You’ll need to open a ticket to make the request: Tickets | Republic Wireless

If you go outside with your phone, do you see bars of signal but have no access to cellular features like calling, texting and Internet access? If that is the case, go outside, get the best (most bars) signal you can and then turn the phone off and back on. That might help get activated but you may still need to have the SIM swapped. I would suggest these steps to hold you over.

1 Like
closed #4

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Message an
Expert customer