Moving photos from MotoX 2nd gen to Moto G Power

What phone do you have? Moto G Power

What plan are you on? 1 GB

Does your plan include data, or just talk & text? Includes data

Issue Description

When I activated my new Moto G Power it transferred contacts and calendar but not photos. Apparently the X has been totally deactivated because all I get on the screen is a power icon for a few seconds. Trying to use File Manager in Android will not connect the two phones either. How can I move the photos to the G?

If your photos were set up to backup to Google Photos, you should find them at https://photos.google.com/, and they should appear in the new phone’s Google Photos app (assuming you’re logged in with the same Google account as your old phone).

This is not normal. Even if the phone is no longer active you should be able to boot it up as normal and view everything. It just won’t have call, text, and cellular data capability. If you can get the old phone up and running, you can transfer files to a computer by following the instructions at:

1 Like

Thanks – transferring from the computer to the Moto G did the trick. I had copied all the photos to the desktop before it crashed. Didn’t know about needing to switch the USB on the G to allow transfer of data. Appreciate your help and the great work all you people do for us techno-challenged. :slight_smile:
Petev

2 Likes
Message an
Expert customer