Music playback error

Hi, everyone.

So I just got a Moto G (3rd gen) to replace my failing Moto X. Now that I have room for it because of the SD card, I’ve loaded my music onto it. A lot of the songs work great. A few I’ve had to convert to a different format (mp3) but then they work great. However A LOT of my MP3s get a music playback error whenever I try to play them. Weird thing is, this happened the first day & I finally got fed up & just gave up on it for the day…when I went back the next day to see if I could figure it out again, over HALF my music library on the phone was GONE. Not on the SD card at all. I copied them again & more worked, but still not all of them. Some of them work if I delete them & then re-copy them onto the phone one by one, but that doesn’t work for all of them and it’s a nightmare because I’ve got over a thousand songs. I primarily listen while working (driving) so this is really getting annoying trying to figure this out, because I can’t constantly be pulling out the phone to skip to the next song while I’m driving.

I’m going to try downloading a 3rd party app (I’ve been using Google Play Music) to see if this resolves the issue, but I’d really like to know if there’s a fix because it bugs me when something doesn’t work the way it’s supposed to.

I use the Doubletwist app to copy music to my phone. That app comes in 2 parts, one for the PC, one for the phone. Using the free version the copy takes place over a USB cable connecting the phone to the PC. In the setup of the PC part there is an option to convert files to a format that works on the phone. When the PC portion is installed it searches the PC for music. I have iTunes so naturally it found my music there. My iTunes music is arranged in playlists and Doubletwist lets me select playlists so that is pretty handy.

Doubletwist is a good player too, but since acquiring a Samsung S7 I’ve been using their player because it has two features I like. It equalizes playback volume so I don’t have to adjust the volume in my car audio system and it kills most of the quiet time between songs.

doubleTwist Music Player, Sync - Android Apps on Google Play

Both the app and the music go on my SD card.

The manual for this phone says the memory card should be a class 10 and 32GB’s or less. That would be the first thing I would check.

Double-checked that. Class 10, 32GB.

closed #5
Message an
Expert customer