Mute doesn't work when second call comes in

A second incoming call removes the microphone mute from the first call on the Motorola E4.
Annoying when you are in a teleconference!

Any solution for this?

Thank you

I’m not aware of this issue having ever been discussed here. If there is a solution for this, you would likely have more success finding it by posting your question in the Motorola Moto E4 support forum.

See

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/MOTO-E-4th-Gen-MOTO-E-4th-Gen/bd-p/Moto_E4_Moto_E4_Plus

If incoming call rejected the mute should return. If call put on hold the mute should return. Just did an ops check with X Pure/G4 and that’s the way it works. E4 different? You might try another phone/dialer app?

It makes sense that an incoming call would disable mute, so you can answer the incoming call appropriately. Maybe there is a pound code that will do this.

I did find this from a T-Mo user, but cannot verify whether or not it works with RW:
"… Press the send key (you’ll get a dial tone as if you were making a 3-way call), dial *70-send, you get the confirmation, and I believe you press the send key again to return to your caller. "

There is a setting in the Phone app that disables call-waiting. But, it is apparently disabled on RW phones. It is on my Z Play.
Phone app menu > Settings > Calls > Additional settings

Edit: AT&T also uses the *70-send method"
" To deactivate Call Waiting: Before placing an outgoing call, press *70 and wait for a dial tone. Dial the desired number."

So, give it a try.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Message an
Expert customer