My 1.5 month old Moto x pure has lost its mind. Help! I can't click the circle to go home. I can't click the square to bring up the various apps (excuse my poor lingo). My pull down menu from the top says no notifications. I can't click on anything in the

My 1.5 month old Moto x pure has lost its mind. Help! I can’t click the circle to go home. I can’t click the square to bring up the various apps (excuse my poor lingo). My pull down menu from the top says no notifications. I can’t click on anything in the top bar. I can’t even log into the republic app. I’m positive the log in info is correct but it won’t accept it, not will it allow me to reset the password. I’ve updated apps. Hard reset. Cleared cache partition. Checked for viruses. It’s doing the same thing in safe mode. Idk what else to do. It won’t connect to the computer so I can upload pics from our vacation we just got home from. I really don’t want turn factory reset and lose those.

Dammit. I think I posted the whole question in the title. Whatever.

I’ve updated apps.
You may be able to move your pictures, and other files too, with an app like AirDroid. There was a security issue with AD recently so for now you may want to pick a different one but there are several available. It moves files over Wi-Fi by using the web browser on your computer so it bypasses USB issues.

If you used the Photos app your pictures are probably here:

Google Photos - All your photos organized and easy to find

Thank you. They are there.

I opened a help ticket. From what i can tell, it’s a problem with the SIM.

Sitting around the 24 hour mark and no reply to my help ticket. Just putting it out there for some visibility. If this were another carrier I would have gladly gone into the store for help or even sat and listened to the elevator music. I have a son in school and need to be reach-able during the day which I am not currently. Help ticket is ** #1022941**

ping @seanr can you get @danielj.nfgsuv some attention on 1022941

Sorry that your ticket has gone silent for so long. I have alerted Republic Support about your ticket and have been assured that they will get a response out to you as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience.

Well, after a factory reset it seems all the photos I could see in Google Photos are now gone.

That is very strange. Could this has something to do with a setting in the Photos app? I’ve factory reset several phones without losing my photos. Also, I’ve replaced one phone with another and had the photos all download to the replacement phone.

How was your issue resolved? I have the same issue on my wife’s phone. Thanks.

You are replying on a 10 month old thread…please start a new thread providing as many details as you can so that the Community can help you better.

I replied to this thread because I have the exact same issue as he did. Why does it matter how old the thread is?

Moto x pure has lost its mind. Help! I can’t click the circle to go home. I can’t click the square to bring up the various apps. My pull down menu from the top says no notifications. I can’t click on anything in the top bar. I can’t even log into the republic app. I’m positive the log in info is correct but it won’t accept it, not will it allow me to reset the password. I’ve updated apps. Hard reset. Cleared cache partition. Checked for viruses. It’s doing the same thing in safe mode. Idk what else to do.

from what I see in this old thread a Factory Reset was the fix for the locked up phone

the issue old treads is the original poster most likely is not coming back to check and respond, and a lot changes (OS and App builds) so what was the answer 6 months ago may not be the same answer today
(and why new thread are auto lock after 2 months if inactivity )

Message an
Expert customer