My 2 Year Review of RW

Two years ago, I switched my family over to RW. The primary goal was to save money. (We had been with Verizon paying $160 a month.) We met that goal and with the new refund plan did it one better. We initially purchased 4 Moto E’s in a budget minded mode. We have since upgraded to Moto

NETWORK

It’s not great, but it works for us. We live in a major metro area and the coverage is good.

GRADE: B

REPUBLIC WIRELESS SERVICE

WiFi calls are the backbone of RW service for the first year, it was a mixed bag. Specifically, I had an issue with WiFi calls on my work network. Since upgrading to a new phone, I’ve experience little or no problems. There have been a couple occasions where we had issues making calls and one time where we lost cell service entirely. Still, we have seen a major increase in satisfaction.

GRADE: B+

PHONES

The Moto S and Moto Gs have been a great step-up from the Moto Es. Memory had become an issue with the Es as we had to delete apps to add apps. I’ll gave my G for another year or so and then I’ll make the step-up

GRADE: B

COST

This the bedrock of RW. We’re still on the refund plan and stress making calls on WiFi, so we always get a refund. This is why I joined and it is still bringing the savings
GRADE: A

Overall

After a somewhat rocky first year, we have settled into savings and quality. If you’re looking for budget-based service, look no further than RW.

4 Likes

Hey thanks for the review @randys.qzrgke !

I’m sure other customers/members like ourselves appreciate it, as well as the RW Staff. RW is not for everyone, but for those of us that can manage it, it’s great

[edited for grammar and other small things that annoyed me]

Message an
Expert customer