My Account Portal Not Loading

I’m running into an issue for the first time in which my account is not loading. Has anyone else seen this? The below is a screengrab; the RW arch has been outlining itself and filling itself in for a few minutes now with no change. I’ve tried incognito mode in Chrome and had the same thing happen; the RW arch doesn’t even appear in IE. Wondering if this is in some way related to an influx of members accessing their accounts (following the e911 email).

1 Like

Hi @soopergenious

I am seeing the same thing with a error message in green.

It appears RW is aware of this issue.

Republic Wireless Status

1 Like

yep and on the day they sent everyone a email to check there E911 address

Murphy’s Law.

1 Like

Add one more to the lore of Friday the 13th :slight_smile:

1 Like

LOL. That’s how I found out the account portal was down. There has been an issue with E911 addresses not displaying the apartment number field and I was wondering if RW had fixed that. Naturally I clicked on the embedded link when the message arrived. If this was scheduled maintenance the left and right hands aren’t talking.

1 Like

Thanks for posting that. My Chrome has remembered the maintenance dialog so I went to the Account portal with Edge and got right in. @southpawkb the apartment number field is still not displayed so there is no way to verify an E911 address that includes an entry in that field. If support would like to see what I see please ask them to call me for my login credentials.

billg wrote:

Thanks for posting that. My Chrome has remembered the maintenance dialog so I went to the Account portal with Edge and got right in. @southpawkb the apartment number field is still not displayed so there is no way to verify an E911 address that includes an entry in that field. If support would like to see what I see please ask them to call me for my login credentials.

One of my five (no idea how I wound up with five) E911 addresses contains accurate information in the apartment number field. It appears if I were to add an additional 911 address (I really don’t want six) the apartment number field would populate. Maybe the issue is account specific?

rolandh wrote:

One of my five (no idea how I wound up with five) E911 addresses contains accurate information in the apartment number field. It appears if I were to add an additional 911 address (I really don’t want six) the apartment number field would populate. Maybe the issue is account specific?

I’ve got six entries, three for me, three for my SO. One of these entries was created when working with RW support on a different but related problem in which my SO’s apartment number was entered in my shipping address. In my last communication with RW support (when I created yet another entry for my SO) support assured me her apartment number was there even though I couldn’t see it. Sigh.

Another problem is that all six of the E911 entries are associated with each phone. For example, at the top of the page for my phone it says “**E911 locations for (218) 850-XXXX” **but the list includes the all three of the address associated with her phone. Knowing North Carolina as we do, there might be a law requiring all SO’s to have the same address.

Finally, redundant entries cannot be deleted. I really think they should have fixed the multitude of problems before telling us to verify our addresses.

billg wrote:

I’ve got six entries, three for me, three for my SO. One of these entries was created when working with RW support on a different but related problem in which my SO’s apartment number was entered in my shipping address. In my last communication with RW support (when I created yet another entry for my SO) support assured me her apartment number was there even though I couldn’t see it. Sigh.

Okay, I went ahead and created two new 911 addresses, so now I have seven. I see my presumption that despite being able to enter information in the apartment number field; it doesn’t populate when saved. From what you describe, it’s supposed to be visible on the back end even though I can’t see it.

Another problem is that all six of the E911 entries are associated with each phone. For example, at the top of the page for my phone it says “**E911 locations for (218) 850-XXXX” **but the list includes the all three of the address associated with her phone. Knowing North Carolina as we do, there might be a law requiring all SO’s to have the same address.

Yup, all seven are associated with the three phones on my Republic account.

Finally, redundant entries cannot be deleted. I really think they should have fixed the multitude of problems before telling us to verify our addresses.
Presumably only the active 911 address would be reported, so it’s not a deal breaker, however, I too would like to be able to clean up extraneous addresses. Regarding timing on the 911 address verification, I’m guessing (no inside information) it’s based on advice of legal counsel due to the separation from Bandwidth.

1 Like

I also have a ticket open to have the ability to delete extra addresses…I think we need additional ticket activity to convince Republic to implement this feature sooner rather than later. I really dislike the idea of having older addresses linger on in the system like this.

1 Like

amitl wrote:

I also have a ticket open to have the ability to delete extra addresses…I think we need additional ticket activity to convince Republic to implement this feature sooner rather than later. I really dislike the idea of having older addresses linger on in the system like this.

The apartment number field not populating so far as the end user can tell would seem to be the larger issue. I haven’t yet opened a ticket but I suppose this gives me an excuse to do so.

@rolandh , check the billing address as shown on the last statement you were mailed. My SO’s apartment number once again appears in my billing address. I reopened service ticket 1044992 in which Katie had assured me this problem was resolved. I thought it had been resolved too because it no longer showed up in my shipping address when entering an order. @southpaw@rw you might want to take a peek at the attachment to that ticket. This problem has persisted for quite a while. It’s not THAT big a deal to me but I have no confidence in what address would be forwarded to emergency vehicles should my SO place a 911 call in an emergency. As it appears, they would arrive at her complex but have no idea which condo the call came from.

Hi @billg,

There are things here that are beyond the scope of what I can personally fix, so my looking at an attachment on your ticket is not going to solve this.

If an issue persists after a ticket is closed, please open a follow-up ticket…

Anyone seeing inconsistencies in how your address is displaying across our various platforms, please open a ticket and be very clear as to:

1. What you are seeing.

2. Where you are seeing it.

3. What you should be seeing instead.

To then also introduce why you think it’s happening, and what you think might happen if someone else makes an E911 call may be confusing the issue.

I also have a ticket open to have the ability to delete extra addresses…

“Having the ability” to do something is not an issue to fix, it is a feature request.

In this case the system is working as designed. Currently the ability to delete old E911 addresses has been removed. There was a reason that decision was made, I apologize that I don’t remember what it was.

I think we need additional ticket activity to convince Republic to implement this feature sooner rather than later. I really dislike the idea of having older addresses linger on in the system like this.

Additional ticket activity is desirable when there is an issue and we need multiple examples in order to:

a. Identify the commonalities among those reporting the issue in order to identify the root cause

or

b. Prioritize resources toward fixing a bug.

When prioritizing resources, we must look at impact. “I really dislike the idea of” matters, but it’s not as high impact as something that affects our core service or members’ daily use of phones. Asking that we implement a feature sooner rather than later is equivalent to asking that we prioritize something that you dislike the idea of above issues that may have a significant impact to the member base.

1 Like
Message an
Expert customer