My brother's Moto X 1st Gen. is not turning on

I replaced the battery. charged it for several hours. It still won’t turn on. I tried the power and volume button by holding them down for 3min. still not tuning on.
My brother would like to know can he send this phone in and get credit on a new phone?
Thank you,

First, Republic does not offer any trade-in programs. Second if it did, a phone that age has nearly no value. Finally, an inoperative phone that age has absolutely no value. Bottom line, that phone should be recycled.

Hi @moryb,

You wrote:

Did the problem start before or after you replaced the battery?
When the phone is on the charger, does it indicate it’s charging?
If it does, instead of holding the power and volume button, try holding just the power button for up to five minutes.

We don’t offer any kind of trade-in credit, but I’d like to see if there is anything we can do to help your brother replace his phone. Do you know whether the phone was bought from us, or was bought used?

/if it was bought from us, please have the account owner for your brother’s line open a support ticket and let the team know that the phone is inoperable, and ask if there is anything they might be able to do to help with upgrading to a new phone on our My Choice plan.

Please see my notes below in red.

Did the problem start before or after you replaced the battery? Before
When the phone is on the charger, does it indicate it’s charging? No

We don’t offer any kind of trade-in credit, but I’d like to see if there is anything we can do to help your brother replace his phone.

Do you know whether the phone was bought from us, or was bought used? The phone was bought from you new.
If it was bought from us, please have the account owner for your brother’s line open a support ticket and let the team know that the phone is inoperable, and ask if there is anything they might be able to do to help with upgrading to a new phone on our My Choice plan.
Will do, thank you very much.

Moderator’s note: Original replies restored from the E-mailed response.

Sorry. But your “Notes in Red” did not come through.
That happens sometimes when you reply to your post via email.
If you post to the actual Community Forum page, that wont happen.

At the phone repair shop where I work, we can sometimes narrow down an issue by just connecting a phone to a charging cable that displays the voltage and current going to the phone. If there’s a repair shop near you, I’d have them take a quick look. Or if you want to buy a usb ammeter (pretty cheap on ebay) you can do it yourself. Generally 0 amps means the charge port is bad or jammed with pocket lint. Under .1 Amps often means there’s a serious issue and it’s not worth fixing OR the battery is already charged completely. If It’s charging at about .5 amps, it’s probably working and the screen could be bad. Hope that helps!

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.