There is an option on some of the 3.0 phones that cause outbound calls to ring as busy when they shouldn’t be. (Inbound calls and calls on WiFi should work just fine.) The option is one that hides your caller ID from being shown in outbound calls, but it also breaks our specialized calling flows. We will eventually fix this globally, but in the meantime follow the steps below to get your device back to working.
In general the setting exists in the dialer. Go to the overflow menu at the top right and choose Settings (or similar). The option will be in one of those menus under something like “Caller ID”. You should choose the setting “Network default”.
On the Samsung S6 or J3:
- Open the Dialer and tap on “MORE” on the top right, then “Settings”
- Tap on “More settings” and wait for the screen to load
- Tap on “Show my caller ID” and change it to “Network default”**
On the Moto X Pure Edition:
- Open the Dialer and tap on the three-dot overflow menu in the top right corner; choose “Settings”
- Tap on “Calls”, then “Additional settings” and wait for the screen to load
- Tap on “Caller ID” and change it to “Network default”**
Note: if “Network default” was selected and you’re still having problems, try choosing “Show number” in the final menu.
If you need help on a device that isn’t listed here, please comment below for additional help.