I am required to enter a valid mobile phone number to activate a feature of my credit card.
“Enter your mobile number so I can verify your identity and get you set up.”
When I enter my number I received this message
Looks like something didn’t match
I couldn’t confirm with your provider that this number belongs to you. Here are some possible reasons why:
- The number isn’t registered to your name.
- It’s not a U.S.-based number.
- The billing address doesn’t match what your provider has on file.
- The phone number is billed to someone else.
- The phone number is a Google Voice number.
I spent over an hour with their help desk as the number is registered to me, I only have one billing address (for the last 11 years) and it is billed to me and it is not a google voice number. They said sorry, they can’t use this phone number.
Any suggestions on what I can do? This is a great program for sheltering my credit card from online theft and I’d really like to be able to take advantage of the program and still keep Republic Wireless as my carrier