My husband has a new Moto G fast. I need help setting it up. He is a republic customer

What phone do you have?

What plan are you on?

Does your plan include data, or just talk & text?

Issue Description

My husband has a new Moto G fast. I need help setting it up. He is a republic customer

Hi @maryellenw.bm1cug,

Presuming the new Moto G Fast was purchased from Republic and once past initial phone setup (power up the G Fast then follow onscreen prompts for that), you’ll start the activation process. Republic offers a guided walkthrough here: https://republicwireless.com/activate. And, documents the process here: How to Activate a Replacement Phone – Republic Help.

You will be prompted to sign into the appropriate Republic account (the one associated with the email address receiving email invoices for your husband’s phone service) and you will be presented with the opportunity to move his current number from old to new phone. Continue through the activation process, then you’re all set! Your husband’s old phone will be simultaneously deactivated.

Please know a new phone may mean a plan change. If the old phone is a legacy phone (Moto DEFY XT, E1, E2, G1, G3, X1 or X2), I’m afraid keeping your husband’s grandfathered plan with a new Republic phone isn’t possible. Republic’s new phones require use of Republic’s My Choice plan: https://republicwireless.com/cell-phone-plans. In Republic’s words:

“Republic Wireless My Choice is an entirely new offer and has tons of new features like wider range of phones, more timely phone launches, faster Android updates, and a Bring Your Own Phone (BYOP) experience. With these features, we’ve also made changes to price points.” Republic hopes you’ll find the value proposition to be appealing.

2 Likes

My husband’s old phone was a Moto G 5. It froze up so we how to we get
his contacts? Also the bar on the bottom of new phone does not work.

:ambassador: Address redacted to protect privacy as this is a public Internet forum.

The default on Android phones is for contacts to be backed up via one’s Google account. If your husband’s contacts are backed up to his Google account, they would populate the new phone, so long as the same Google account used on the old phone is added to the new phone. If signed into his Google account from a computer’s web browser, does your husband see his contacts at contacts.google.com?

Please try the following:

1. Open Settings
  2. Scroll to, then tap System
  3. Tap Gestures
  4. Tap System navigation
  5. Select 3-button navigation
1 Like

Thanks, that works

:ambassador: Address redacted to protect privacy as this is a public Internet forum.

1 Like

Hi @maryellenw.bm1cug,

You’re most welcome!

As an aside, though you are replying via email when you do so you are posting to Republic’s Community (a public Internet forum). To protect your privacy, I’ve redacted the address I believe your email app is adding as a signature to your publicly posted replies.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Message an
Expert customer