My husband's phone is saying he "doesn't have enough funds" to call. What the heck?

The title is pretty self-explanatory. My husband has been trying to call people and his phone (Moto G Play) is saying he doesn’t have enough funds to call. I also can’t call him and the phone says he’s unavailable. I didn’t cancel his service or anything like that. Anyone have a similar problem?

1 Like

Update: The steps I gave below will not solve this “ultra mobile insufficient funds” issue. If you are experiencing this specific issue, please open a ticket and ask that your issue be considered for inclusion in Master Ticket #1284173. Our support team will have to make a back-end change to clear up this one.

Hi @jennab.u1mf3x,

Let’s try a few simple things to see if they help.

First, with the phone on Wi-Fi, please take these steps:

https://help.republicwireless.com/hc/en-us/articles/115007230348-How-to-VOIP-Your-Phone

After you’ve done that, if the problem persists, take these steps:

How to Reset Cellular Settings on Motorola, Nexus, and Google Phones with CDMA SIM Card – Republic Help

(Please note that step 4 is a link to another set of steps!)

Please let us know if the problem continues after you’ve taken these steps.

6 Likes

We got it figured out. I opened a help ticket and it said to try
uninstalling the RW app and re-installing and it worked! Thanks for
responding so quickly though!

5 Likes

Thanks for letting us know!

1 Like

I have the same problem, but when I go to Settings -> More ->Cellular Networks

I don’t see any option for carrier settings. @southpaw. I’m using a Moto G4 (Android version 7.0)

1 Like

Hi @jimm.cy31ta,

We’ll actually need you to open a support ticket to get this resolved. The steps I gave above will not fix this one. I’ll update that post.

closed #7

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Message an
Expert customer