My Moto 5 phone won't call or text

What phone do you have? Moto 5

What plan are you on? $15/Month

Does your plan include data, or just talk & text? Just talk/text

Issue Description

My phone won't make calls or send texts. It says "Cellular network not available for voice calls." I've tried turning off my phone, letting it off for a while, and then turning it back on, but nothing changes. Also, I think the SIM card on my phone is internal, but I'm not sure. If there's a way to take it out and reinsert it, I don't know how to do that. Please advise. Thank you.

It may be as simple as your phone needing an update. To check for available updates wirelessly/over-the-air:

1. Go to Settings
  2. Touch System
  3. Touch System Updates

If an update is available, follow the instructions on your phone to download and install it. Once updated, your phone will restart to complete the installation.

If that is not the issue there is further help on the error available at the following help link:

4 Likes

Hi @jeffreye.oj1ysu,

There’s not a “Moto 5” phone. But there are a variety of reasons a phone can end up in the state you are describing, and knowing which phone you have can help us point to the right solution.

Could you open the Settings app, and navigate to (or search) About Phone, and tell us the phone’s model number?

That worked! Thank you!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Message an
Expert customer