My Moto G fast had a system update and now won't hold calls

After updating, my phone drops calls. Then it rings and the person is still talking but I miss everything they said. Happens over and over.

What phone do you have?

Moto G fast

What plan are you on?
my choice 1G

Does your plan include data, or just talk & text?
Data

Issue Description

Started right after an update. Calls connect then every few minutes it disconnects the call. Then the phone rings from that person. I answer and they are still talking and had no idea I was gone. I use this phone for work and need to fix it. Is there a way to remove the update?

Looks like it was a software version RPJ31.Q1-53-12
Updated May 3rd.

Thanks.

• A quick search of the above, indicates your device was just updated to Android 11 from previous level 10.
    • I would make sure that all your apps are updated (via Google Play)
    • I would also suggest you use the Search function in Settings and if a setting for Wi-Fi calling is found, turn it off
  • I don’t have a Moto product that is eligible for the update, so hopefully others will chime in

Hi @azlumberking,

There’s not a way to roll back an Android update.

If this is happening to you when you’re on a WiFi network, would you please try disabling cell-to-WiFi handover in the Republic app, and let us know if that seems to clear up the issue?

1. Open the Republic app
  2. Tap the Settings gear :gear:
  3. Tap Advanced Settings
  4. Uncheck Handover to WiFi when appropriate
1 Like

@azlumberking Are you still having this issue? Did the suggestion above resolve the issue?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Message an
Expert customer