My Moto G is glitching out, need to switch the number to my back up Moto X

cant make or recieve calls/texts, but i can get wifi and signal… It may have gotten screwed up because i plugged it into my computer to charge

So, I just need the 570 number on the moto X

You can activate you backup Moto X as a replacement for the Moto G and the number will transfer from the G to the X and the G will be deactivated.

Plugging the phone into a USB port on your computer should not cause the problem you describe. There are other fixes for the problem you describe in the troubleshooting section of this document:

Make and Receive a Phone Call

You didn’t say which generation phones you have. If the Moto G is a 4th Generation the SIM will be deactivated when you replace it with the X. Once deactivated a new SIM is required to get the G back in service.

You didn’t say which generation phones you have. If the Moto G is a 4th Generation the SIM will be deactivated when you replace it with the X. Once deactivated a new SIM is required to get the G back in service.
I realize this may not be directly related to the OP, however, I think it’s worth a mention. If a new Republic 3.0 phone is on CDMA deactivating it for any reason short of phone failure is a bad idea. Doing so renders it a BYOP phone incapable (at this time) of being reactivated on CDMA.

Consequently, I believe verifying make, model, generation and cellular carrier network is highly advisable before discussing potential deactivation. This is intended as general information for anyone reading as I realize you pointed @evanp.lmk3h2 at troubleshooting first.

rolandh wrote:

Consequently, I believe verifying make, model, generation and cellular carrier network is highly advisable before discussing potential deactivation. This is intended as general information for anyone reading as I realize you pointed @evanp.lmk3h2 at troubleshooting first.

I couldn’t agree more. Unfortunately @seanr tells us Jive cannot gather this information prior to permitting a post and many of my requests for further information are never answered. Perhaps we should adopt a policy of not answering a question until the detail you mention has been provided.

Perhaps we should adopt a policy of not answering a question until the detail you mention has been provided.
Where appropriate, this is already my personal policy. As much as I want to help my fellow members as quickly as possible, I’m a firm believer in first do no harm.

Sadly, Jive permits but does not enforce gathering that critical information.

Message an
Expert customer