My moto g3 phone is SOOOO slow when loading google maps applications while on the road

my moto g3 phone is SOOOO slow when loading google maps applications while on the road.Is there a way to make it go faster? I have data, txt, and 4GB plan. Is this a network problem? I am driving in the central valley, California.

The model phone is quite old and under powered these days.
So it is normal to have it be quite slow.
However, you may be able to speed this up a bit by freeing up space on the phone.
How much space is left on the phones internal storage? If it is very full, that will slow the phone down.
Remove any pictures or videos or app you do not use on the phone.
You can try Clearing the system Cache (this may take a long time)
Or. last resort, you can do a Factory Reset and start fresh for the best possible chance of getting some better performance.

In addition to the advice offered by @SpeedingCheetah, you may want to look at this Tips & Tricks item by @carlh Moto E: Make the most of your phone's available storage … written for the Moto E, but much of this pertains to the other devices.

1 Like

Try offline maps if you don’t need real time traffic.

1 Like

Download your maps before you leave wifi then set the maps to offline and you won’t waste data.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Message an
Expert customer