My Motorola G5 Plus stopped seeing its sim card

What phone do you have? Motorola G5 Plus

What plan are you on? talk and text and 1 gb data

Does your plan include data, or just talk & text? data talk and text

Issue Description

At first the phone throws an error about not being registered with Republic. (I’ve had the phone for over a year no problems) But don’t worry we’ll help you get registered. The next big green screen informs me that my phone is supported. It’s now telling me to insert a sim card. “Don’t have a Republic sim card? Buy a Republic sim card.” Then it takes me to a screen to purchase a sim card but of course I don’t need a sim card.

Hi @el_screwbullito,

I’m sorry to hear of the experience. Would you be kind enough to see if the trick that worked for an earlier Moto also works for your G5 Plus: "No SIM Card - Emergency Calls Only" on Moto G4 – Republic Help?

Hello rolandh and thank you for the quick reply. It turns out that several restarts in a row corrected this problem. I have no idea what was up but the phone is back to normal now. Thanks again!

1 Like

I’m happy to hear the restarts seemingly have solved the issue. Still, you might keep that trick in mind should the issue reoccur.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Message an
Expert customer