My motox will not let me send a pic thru the pre installed text messaging app

My motox will not let me send a pic thru the pre installed text messaging app

Unable to attach pic with instant messenger. Always said messenger stop working, but with just straight text w/o pic it works.

See:Troubleshooting Texting Issues

**Not using a supported messaging app
**Third party messaging apps may not work properly with Republic. Hangouts may work for SMS, however, it will not work for MMS. We don’t provide support for messaging issues with this app or with any third party messaging apps. For troubleshooting help with Hangouts, see MMS (Picture/Video Messaging) or MMS (Picture/Video Messaging) (KitKat). Please see Republic Health and Wellness for updates.

• For Republic 3.0 Phones (Google Pixel and Pixel XL, Huawei Ascend 5W, Moto G4, G4 PLUS, and G4 PLAY, Moto X Pure Edition, Moto Z and Z PLAY, Nexus 5X, 6, and 6P, and Samsung Galaxy, J3, S6, S7, and S7 edge)
    You’ll need to ensure that the Google Messenger app is installed and set as the default messaging app. While other messaging apps may work, we’ll only provide support for messaging using Google Messenger.
    Note: The Moto X Pure, and all Samsung phones require the installation and configuration of Google Messenger.