My new Moto G6 Play charges very slowly

battery

I just received the Moto6 Play phone,
The advert for the phone at (Shop Android phones and connected home devices | Republic Wireless) says the G6 Play phone is fast charging.

I have been using it for 3 days. Curretly its at 20% battery. It esimates that it needs 2 hours to get to a full charge.

Can someone define for me if my phone is fast charging or if I should seek a replacement.

Are you using the charger and cable that came with the phone?
Those are Fast chargers.
Third party charger and cables may not do the fast charging.

Does the phone “Charging Fast” Or Charging Rapidly?
I am not sure how Moto calls it.

Typical fast charge from a low percent takes about 2 hours as far as I know…though I have never really paid much attention., to be honest, as I only ever charge my phone when I go to bed at night.

Here is the Motorola scoop on charging the G6 (it does not seem there is any separate indication that it is doing a fast charge and it goes to normal when the battery is ~78%)

That sounds about right actually. The 6 Play has a big 4000mAh battery. At 20% that means it needs about 3,200mAh of charging. The charger that is included with the phone is only 10W, although you can use a 15W charger if you get one.

At 10W, you’d be looking at 1.6 hours if the phone was able to charge at full rate, the entire time. Of course, that’s not possible and the charge rate starts decreasing at about 80% charged. So 2 hours to full is right on target.