My number has been blocked - alerts and short codes not being received

master_ticket

Recently, after the problem that Republic Wireless experienced, I have received this message when trying to receive text messages regarding a package delivery from USPS and account balance from Capitol One. I would appreciate it if someone could assist me because I use these features on a regular basis.

“Your number has been identified as having been blocked. Please contact your service provider for further information.”

Alerts from Credit Card stopped - CC company says its a carrier problem - happened after update
No longer getting home security update texts

You used your R.W. number with these services before for some time correct?

I am guessing that your number was flagged as a Spam or roto-dial number thanks to someone who Spoofed the number and used it for such for a time for bad things.

I use USPS just fine, so I know they still support R.W But my banks and CC companies don’t accept a VOIP number for mobile banking. They worked for a short time after I ported my number form Sprint to R.W, but now they give me an error saying “your number is reported as inactive or blocked.”

Speeding Cheetah, I used the number for quite sometime; perhaps a couple of years or more with USPS. As I mentioned, it seemed to occur right after RW had some problems the other day. I have no problem with mobile banking with Cap One using my phone, it’s just using the texting feature with them and USPS. I was inquiring about my balance today using a texting feature with Cap One and the notice came up. It’s been a few weeks since I used that feature. The problem with USPS occurred a few days ago, right after the RW problem.

Hi @darianr.3wql3h,

We are currently investigating this “Your number has been blocked” response on some short-codes. This issue was just reported to us this weekend and the investigation is still new.

This is most likely something that will have to be fixed by a company Republic Wireless partners with, and will not be able to be corrected with Member Community assistance.

Please consider opening a ticket, describing what you’ve described here, and asking that your experience be investigated as part of master ticket 1539360.

(Pinging @Ambassadors for situational awareness.)

Thank you Southpaw. I’ll follow your suggestion.

I noticed today that I am having exactly the same issue trying to send texts. “Your number has been identified as having been blocked. Please contact your service provider for further information.” I now realize also that I am not receiving text notifications that I should be receiving including important notifications from banks and other numbers.

As requested by Republic Staff above

• Please consider opening a ticket, describing what you’ve described here, and asking that your experience be investigated as part of master ticket 1539360.

Richard, if you can do a search and find ticket #1539625, you’ll see what action is being taken for my problem. I’ve never searched for a specific ticket, but I assume it can be done. For example, following their instructions, I sent a HELP text to the Facebook code and received the proper response, but then I’ve never texted FB before. So, I think it occurs with sites we’ve used in the past.

Tickets are only accessible by RW Support staff or the user(customer) that opened a Ticket

Thanks jben, I guess I could just do a screen shot for Richard, if he’s interested.:slightly_smiling_face:

Ticket 1540974 has been created as you suggested. Thank you!

What phone do you have? Moto G6

What plan are you on? My Choice + 4GB

Does your plan include data, or just talk & text? includes 4GB of data

Issue Description

Since Thursday, Nov 29, 2018 after the service was brought back up and working, i have ceased to receive text messages from Xfinity Home Security regarding my alarm status. normally i get messages when the alarm is armed and disarmed, and when the alarm is triggered. We have been using the alarm system as normal but i have not gotten the texts. The other people signed up for notifications via email are still receiving those and i can receive them by email as well, but i prefer text as emails get lost in my notifications.

i have removed my number from the home security setting, restarted my phone and then readded my number. still no texts. I have also installed a 3rd party texting app, TextNow, and i can receive normal texts but still cannot receive security notification texts. My speculation is that somehow when things got fixed, the short code for my home security got blocked or removed as i know few years ago RW had issues with short codes.

Hi @ryanc.ny4wt9,

I can’t think of an outage related reason for the experience. Is there a phone in the household not on Republic and, if so, is it able to receive these text messages? If you text the command HELP to the short code in question from your Republic phone, do you receive a response?

Meanwhile, since you’re able to receive alerts via email, you might consider Republic’s email to SMS gateway. More on that here: How to Enable the Email to SMS feature – Republic Help.

There is one phone that we can try. just realized the issue a couple hours ago. the other phone is with the person at work right now so it will be a few hours before i can test it.

When i text HELP to the short code i recieved a reply : “Your number has been identified as having been blocked. Please contact your service provider for further information.”

Thank you for that additional context! This is a known issue though I don’t believe it’s directly related to the recent outage. Please open a ticket and ask that your experience be investigated as part of master ticket 1539360.

In light of the additional context you just supplied, this is likely unnecessary.

Meanwhile, hopefully, Republic’s email to SMS gateway as described in my previous response will give you a workaround. Comcast will send as an email but you’ll receive on your phone as a text message.

thank you. i have called comcast and found that the rule for texts when arming or disarming had been removed. i have fixed that, but am still not receiving notifications via my RW number. i have opened a ticket as you sugessted.

What phone do you have? Moto G5 plus

What plan are you on? My Choice + 1GB

Does your plan include data, or just talk & text? yes

Issue Description

I have a Emerald card from H&R Block with a tax refund on it. I had to reset a pin and I couldn’t verify with my phone and Anywhere text or Google Messenger either since the outage or a recent Motorola update last week on my Moto X4.
My message resembled the OP’s message stating it being MY carrier issue. I haven’t tried it again since Yesterday 12/04/18.

Hi @susant.4t8z0b,

If you try to send a “Help” message in the text message thread where you’ve been receiving the alerts, do you get a response that your number has been blocked?

If so, please open ticket, explain that short codes that used to work now return a “your number has been blocked” message, and ask that your ticket be investigated as part of master ticket # 1539360.

Thanks @southpaw I am part of that master ticket too then. I do receive that message too. I will add a screenshot to my ticket.