My phone appears to have two numbers

What phone do you have? Moto G plus

What plan are you on? My Choice with 2 GB data

Does your plan include data, or just talk & text? includes data

Issue Description

Today I texted a friend, and they texted back that it came through on a different number and at first they didn’t know who it was. That called that different number, and it range through to my phone. Then they tried calling my old (and as far as I know, current) number, and rang through to my phone, too. So it appears that two different numbers are ringing through to my phone. I did not cancel any service ro request by number be changed. Any ideas what’s going on?

Hi @tonymcr37 and welcome to the community. All Republic phones have a second routing number that should never be seen. Here’s the likely solution to the issue of it being seen by your friend:

1. Open the Messages App
  2. Click the three dots on the top right
  3. Click Settings
  4. Click Chat Features
  5. Turn OFF “Enable Chat Features”
2 Likes

Hi, thanks for getting back to me so quickly. I tried your suggestion and discovered that the “Enable Chat Features” option was already set set to OFF. She’s still getting the texts from the second number. Another friend is also getting my texts from the second number.

1 Like

Well then, something completely different than the 99% of the time this happens! Let’s try this. Open the dialer, as if you were going to dial a phone number and enter *#*#8647#*#* It should quickly clear off the screen. When it does, restart the phone. Does that resolve the issue?

3 Likes

That worked! Thanks! Do you know what the issue was?

2 Likes

Your phone can lose sync with Republic’s systems causing the symptom that you’ve seen. What we did was resync that connection.

1 Like

Okay. I’ll keep the answer handy in case it happens again. Thanks again, I really appreciate the fast response time!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Message an
Expert customer