My phone responds to 2 numbers

What one do you have? Samsung S8

What plan are you on?

Does your plan include data, or just talk & text? All 3

Issue Description

Yesterday a contact asked if I had changed phone numbers. I had not. Contact said when texted me on my true number,■■■■■■■■■■■■■■another number displayed■■■■■■■■■■■■■■ Asked contact to call■■■■■■■■■■■■■■ I also received call. Have typed 2 Help tickets & have been unable to submit them. Submit is greyed. Have restarted phone twice, same problem.

This is more than likely the problem/solution

In addition, you may want to check out Optimizing your Samsung Galaxy phone for Republic Wireless

My Samsung Galaxy S8 does not display the additional phone #. If contact hadn’t asked I would never have known. There are now 3 mags I’m unable to download, & I’ve written 2 help tickets in my phone which I CANNOT submit, reason why I tried the member community.

Have you tried shifting to the required Google Messages app? The Samsung app will cause your text recipients to see the underlying carrier number (T-Mobile or Spring) and not the number you recognize as yours.

Hi @judithp,

In addition to the suggestions from my fellow Ambassador @jben, I suggest taking a look at this guide written by yet another Ambassador @SuperT:

As an aside, all Republic phones have two numbers. The second number is used to route calls to the cellular network when out, about and away from WiFi. Ideally it doesn’t make itself known but occasionally misbehaves. More detail is linked here:

I’m uncertain what you mean by “3 mags I’m unable to download”. Might you be able to provide additional detail on that?

Finally, the Community is happy to help, however, if you’d prefer to work through an agent via a help ticket, sending email to help@republicwireless.com preferably from the email account associated with your Republic account is another way to get it submitted.

2 Likes

I’ve been using Messages for a few years now & have had no problems before this problem with 2 phone numbers attached to my phone. Also got msgs from Republic to download Republuc app to access, now 3, messages to be able to download. Also got Republic msg this morning that my phone is compatible & I shld buy a Republuc SIM card!!!

So that you are not bothered with possibly conflicting information or a shift in the direction you are headed, I would suggest you stick with one source of direction (Republic Wireless Support) as they have the full picture of your account/status.
Respectfully, bowing out … @jben a Republic Ambassador and not an employee.

1 Like

Thank you jben for your help.

1 Like
Message an
Expert customer