My phone stopped uploading my pictures to my computer

My phone stopped uploading my pictures to my computer

If you are using an USB cable, make sure the cable is OK and that your phone setting is set to Media device (MTP).

The Media device setting should be located in the phone settings menu under “Storage.” You may have to go into the “Storage” sub-menu to find it. On the old phones, the sub-menu is three white dots at the top of the screen.

Hi @marshallh,

I don’t believe you’ve updated to a Marshmallow phone yet. Apologies if I’m wrong about that.

Marshmallow (and presumably Nougat) phones behave differently. By default, when connected via USB, it’s charging only (even when connected via a data cable).

@sourmug, please see if the following helps:

1. Swipe down from the top of your phone’s screen.
  2. Tap the USB for charging notification.
  3. Tap Transfer files (MTP).

No, Republic hasn’t sent me a free phone. It’s been a long wait.

marshallh wrote:

No, Republic hasn’t sent me a free phone. It’s been a long wait.

None of mine were free, though I did take advantage of the Ascend promotion.

Thank you for your help! I finally found the area thanks to your post… and it was already on the right setting but it still won’t up;oad the photos to iphoto. I don’t know what I can do??? My computer is getting old. :frowning_face:

Hi @sweetmuseek,

You’ve posted your question to a nearly 10-month old thread. Nothing wrong with that per se, however, doing so does often mean a current question goes unnoticed.

Am I correct that you wish to upload photos from your Republic phone directly to iPhoto on a Mac. If so, the steps listed previously in the thread won’t get that done but it is possible. Since we do not know which Republic phone you have, I’ll provide some general guidance in the hope it helps:

1. Swipe down from the top of your phone’s screen.
  2. Tap the USB for charging notification.
  3. Tap Transfer photos (PTP).
  4. If iPhoto does not automatically launch, please launch it manually.
  5. You should see your phone in iPhoto’s sidebar listed under Import.
  6. Choose the photos you wish to import.

Please note it’s possible what you see in iPhoto on your Mac will differ slightly from what I’ve described. I’m operating on memory having moved on to a newer Mac, which uses Apple’s Photos app rather than iPhoto.

Message an
Expert customer