My phone won't activate. It's been two days

Hi everyone.

My old phone, a Moto X stopped charging on everything except my laptop connection and the battery wasn’t holding charge very long anymore, so I ordered a new Moto G4 Plus. I got it on Friday, and went through all the steps to activate it. Got to the “Your activation is underway. This should take less than an hour. We’ll send you an email once it’s complete.” green screen and it’s been there since Friday, with nary a sign of activation.

I no longer receive texts or calls to my old Moto X, nor on the new Moto G4. I can use them when I’m at home via Wifi to access the internet, but as I said, no calls or texts, and my phone is supposedly still being activated. I submitted a help ticket and have not heard anything back from that.

Help? What am I doing wrong!?

Thank you!

A.

1 Like

Hi @daa18f68-b7af-4ac9-97d6-da64f3360ba5

Wow, you have more patience than I!.

I would try power cycling it (off/on). I have activated many a phone on RW and recall power cycling when activation hung a couple/few times.

Hi @daa18f68-b7af-4ac9-97d6-da64f3360ba5,

@c1tobor’s advice is typically what I would advise as well. It’s also possible given the timeframe you cite that your activation is stalled as a result of a recent service outage. If you’re willing to post your ticket number, we can make inquiries with support on your behalf. No personal information in the ticket will be avaialble to anyone other than support staff. The ticket number merely gives us a reference point.

How many times should I cycle on/off? It hasn’t done anything. Still the same green screen. The ticket number is 993290. I think. lol I like to think I am not tech-illiterate, but sometimes I wonder. As far as patience, I had an uneventful weekend with no demands on my time/presence.

Sadly, if the root of the issue was the earlier service outage, I don’t believe any amount of power cycling will help. I’ve passed your ticket number to support staff.

1 Like

I’m afraid you are indeed being impacted by the earlier service outage. Please look for a response from Republic staff on your support ticket. You may access that when signed into your Republic account here: Republic Help.

1 Like

Thank you. I just got an email from them saying exactly what you said, that’s it related to the outage. Hopefully it will be fixed before my 60 hour work week begins.

1 Like

You’re most welcome! I’ll be keeping my fingers crossed for you on that.

Sorry for the inconvenience and indeed thank you for your patience.

1 Like

For perspective, I just activated a Samsung J3 on RW about 1.5 hours ago… took about 10 minutes. Not trying to gloat, just confirming that the activation process is apparently working again.

Message an
Expert customer