My question hasn't been answered

I haven’t been able to get one question answered by you in 2 hours

Moderator’s note: Title edited to provide context.

Hi @tomasp,

This question you’ve posted to Republic’s Community forum. Community is largely populated by members, like me, doing their best to help other members like you. Though Republic staff drops in from time to time, this isn’t where direct support typically happens.

The above said, Republic’s Community is remarkably diverse and knowledgeable, so if you were to state your question here, we very well may be able to help. If you prefer direct support, please go here: Republic Help. Scroll to the bottom of the page, then select either Get Help or Member Advice. Please know if you have opened a ticket via Republic’s help page; it isn’t unusual (depending on the nature of the problem) for the turnaround time to be longer than 2 hours. I appreciate that might be frustrating, so I’ll encourage you once more to let Community know what you need help with. At the very least, we can point you in the right direction.

This is the community forum. If you wish to ask a question, please do so. If you are waiting for a reply from customer support, you may want to use the chat line.

I see chat is showing as being available. Click on the open a support ticket and you will see the blue chat button when available.

Republic Help

Hi @tomasp

In addition to the excellent replies you have received from other members of the community, here are some documents that may help you navigate the Republic Wireless forum.

Community Overview

Getting Help from Republic

I see from your profile that you have been with RW for some time now, just not a regular to the community. I thought these links may help abate future frustration.

Message an
Expert customer