My republic wireless app says I am connected to wifi, but my republic wireless arc isn't showing on my phone

my republic wireless app says I am connected to wifi, but my republic wireless arc isn’t showing on my phone. please help!!!

Moderator’s note: Title edited for context.

check you republic app setting

open the app and tap the gear icon in the upper right

then select advanced setting

see if the always show the Republic notification is selected (if no then select it)

@drm186 , it is set to always show republic notification. thanks for the help though!

my next idea would be to check the Republic app android setting

Settings–>Apps–>All->Republic Wireless

and make sure show notifications is turn on there

I know this will sound screamingly obvious and I apologize for that, however, have you tried powering down, then restarting your phone?

I did and that didn’t work. I uninstalled and reinstalled the republic app and my icon is back but now it will not send my sms text messages on wifi…arrrrgh, I need it to work!

An uninstall and reinstall of Republic app updates would have been my next suggestion. Is SMS working on cell, just not WiFi? If that’s the case, you might try a VoIP reset. Video demonstration here: How to VOIP Your Phone.

Troubleshooting Texting Issues

Perhaps a VoIP refresh will fix the text issue (Item 4 in the “Things to Try on your own” section)

thanks sooooooooo much, it is back in business!

Message an
Expert customer