My secondary number keeps displaying when I call and text

What phone do you have? Samsung Galaxy S10

What plan are you on? My Choice + 2GB

Does your plan include data, or just talk & text? It includes data.

Issue Description

Hi everyone,

Thanks in advance for anyone able to help. For over a year now, repeatedly, my secondary number keeps displaying when I call and text rather than the number I’m supposed to have. Additionally, whenever this happens, I don’t receive calls. It just shows up as a missed call when people try and dial my regular number. This keeps happening and I’m not sure how to fix it but it’s caused a lot of frustration and confusion when I try to contact people and this has happened several times over the past year.

Thanks,
Michelle

Hi @lisaa.b8ggyj and welcome to the Community!

Please see here for how to optimize your Samsung phone for use with Republic service:

In particular, I believe the misbehaving secondary number (and the associated issues you mention) would be tamed by making sure Samsung’s aggressive battery management isn’t putting the phone to sleep as described by Republic here:

Hi @lisaa.b8ggyj,

We’re currently seeing a situation arise and particularly on Samsung phones where the Republic app gets into a state like you’ve described.

If the steps @rolandh recommended don’t solve the problem, or if you just want to try this first, could you please do the following?

First, I’d really love if you could upload some device logs - this will help our app team look into what is causing the problem. To do that, I’d like you to follow these steps:

Once you’ve completed that, please follow these steps:

Please let me know if that clears up the problem you’re seeing.

1 Like

Hello to both of you,

Thank you for taking the time to help me.

It seems that everything is in order in terms of what @rolandh mentioned, however going into the dialer to attempt to gain access to the logs didn’t pop up with any allow option. Not sure what I did incorrectly… I quadruple-checked the numbers and symbols it said to use - I definitely typed it correctly.

Thank you again.

Michelle

1 Like

I’m sorry, @lisaa.b8ggyj,

The instructions left out an important step for Samsung phones - that you must hit the “Send” button after dialing the dialer code. But if an uninstall and re-install of the Republic app was not needed, then I’ll need to get those logs from someone else. Thanks for your willingness to try to help!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Message an
Expert customer