My SIM card isn't activating my Samsung J3

Last year I sent my J3 phone (which was already activated on RW) to Samsung for repair. When I got it back I was told I needed a new SIM card to reactivate it again. I requested one and received it but put both the phone and the SIM card in storage and never reactivated it until today. In storage for at least 10 months. Now an error message states I can not activate the phone because the SIM card won’t work. Is there a time limit on these SIM cards to activate them before they become useless? Will I need to order a New card Again? And if so will it cost or be free? I thought I might of read somewhere that the SIM cards expire after a period of time but won’t swear to it.

if you still have the credit card size card that the sim came in look at the back in the upper right there is a date with activate by in fount of it…
if it is past that date then yes you will need a new sim…
I think it goes bad after 2 years… or so

If a phone is deactivated for more than 20 days, the SIM card it was using is no longer valid.

If u purchased a new SIM card, and never activated it, then it has an expire date, or an “activate by” date that is printed on the fold up packaging that it comes in.

If the SIM is still good, then are u certain that Samsung sent you back the correct exact model that is supported on R.W. and has the correct build number: Supported phones
For the Samsung Galaxy J3 (As of 6-6-18)

• NMF26X.J320AUEU2BQJ4
  • MMB29K.J320AUEU2AQB1
  • MMB29K.J320AUES2APJ2
  • MMB29K.J320AUEU1APE9