My text messages are suddenly appearing as coming from a different phone number

What phone do you have? Pixel 3

What plan are you on? My Choice + 1 GB

Does your plan include data, or just talk & text? Includes Data

Issue Description

I’ve been a Republic Wireless customer for several years and have had the same phone number the entire time. Last week (possibly after an Android update), people who are getting my text messages are saying that my phone number “changed.” They are getting my text messages from a different number than what my phone number actually is.

If I send texts as SMS or MMS, it’s fine and doesn’t have this problem. My phone and my Republic Wireless account all show my actual phone number. However, when I go into the chat features of Google’s messaging system, it shows this weird phone number. Google uses Jibe Mobile to manage the chat messaging system. I don’t see any way to change that number.

Any ideas how to fix this so that when I text using the chat messaging system, my real phone number appears?

Hello @erica_h,

Welcome to Republic’s Member Community :slight_smile:

The Chat feature is not supported by Republic an should be turned off:

1st, thanks for the complete description of the problem!

Not the answer I was hoping to hear. RCS was working perfectly fine until last week. Hopefully I can undo the last update sent out by Google, which I think is the source of the problem. Thanks anyways!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Message an
Expert customer