My texts are not being sent for several days through WiFi

My texts are not being sent for several days through WiFi now. Get message not sent even though retrying. Voice is working.

Hi @michaelh.ubg4ka,

If you temporarily turn WiFi on your phone off, does the message send on cell?

No. But I’m not in range of my WiFI either.

Hi @michaelh.ubg4ka,

At this point I’m a bit perplexed. Your question title mentions texts not being sent for several days on WiFi. Is this also the experience on cell? Is it just one specific message or multiple messages? Meanwhile, you might have a look at Republic’s troubleshooting guidance on the topic:

I can send text via WiFi but by cell I am unable to send a text msg. Sorry for the confusion.

What model phone do you have?

Moto G

Can you be a bit more specific? If you go to Settings – About Phone – Model what exactly does it say there? Does it just say “Moto G”?

It’s a G4.

This is caused by cellular data being turned off in the Android settings, nearly 100% of the time. Please ensure the data is turned on in Android Settings. Settings > Data Usage > Cellular Data (some phones may say Mobile Data).

That was it!! The question is how would that have gotten turned off if I did not turn it off???

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Message an
Expert customer