My underlying number

My daughter has a moto g6 and this week, text messages have been coming from a number that is not hers. How do I find the underlying number?

Hi @bonnieh.71i8en,

Here’s how to find more information on that:

That said, knowing it won’t fix the issue with text messages coming from your daughter’s E6 displaying an incorrect number. For that, I suggest seeing if this helps:

To be clear, this is something your daughter would need to try on her E6.

1 Like

It it G6, to be clear. I tried # # 3 2 8 2 # on my G6 and nothing happens. I have a G6 too. I would just relay the info to her

Hi @bonnieh.71i8en,

If you take a closer look at the article I linked, you’re using the wrong code for newer Republic compatible Motorola phones. The code for newer phones is *#*#4636#*#*

Once again, merely your daughter knowing her phone’s secondary number won’t resolve the issue. Please ask her to try the steps in the second article I linked. She does not need to know the secondary number to see if Republic’s guidance there works.

3 Likes

Sorry for the delay in replying. So the calls and texts I am getting from our daughter consistently (about 95% of the time) come from her underlying Sprint phone number.
So why is this and is there a fix?

Calls and texts I am getting from our daughter consistently (about 95% of the time) come from her underlying Sprint phone number. This has been happening for more than month. We both have Moto G6; she lives about 2 hours from us.
So why is this and is there a fix?

Have her try this:

If it doesn’t work, have her open a ticket.
1 Like

Before you open a ticket, there are a few other things to try. Let us know if the VOIP reset doesn’t work.

Bonnie, Are you SURE this is CALLS and texts and not just texts?

Hi @bonnieh.71i8en Are you still needing assistance with this issue?

I do but not sure what can be done. She lives 2 hours from us here in NC. She is in an essential line of work and is working 80 plus hours a week. I get a text message every morning and every night letting us know she is OK.
She did tell me this morning in a text that the messages are coming from her Sprint number. It is only happening when when she is at work.

• As you are getting the text, you might consider simply adding the number that she has identified as her Sprint number to your Contacts … label it so you know it is her at work.
    • Problem is probably caused by the WiFi at work … so if your missing calls and/or text you could have her turn off the WiFi and revert to Cellular

Hi @bonnieh.71i8en,

First, our appreciation to your daughter for continuing to perform her essential duties during these extraordinary times.

Second, would you be kind enough to clarify whether your seeing your daughter’s underlying number is with both calls and text messages or just text messages? In some responses, you’ve mentioned both but in both your original post and others, you mention text messages only.

In retrospect it may just be messages and not calls. I put her sprint number in my contacts so it does not go to spam and a lot of times I see her name and don’t pay attention to the number.
Does anyone know why this is happening?

Hi @bonnieh.71i8en,

I believe I do and I mentioned the likely fix earlier in this thread. For convenience, I’ll repeat it here:

If I remember correctly, your daughter is using a CDMA (Sprint network) SIM with Republic. If I’m correct about that and she follows the guidance in the referenced Help Center article, things would sort.

2 Likes
Message an
Expert customer